Quote Originally Posted by stew86MCSS396 View Post
I'm in the same boat as far as never have tuned an LT1 before. Never crossed that bridge, yet but definitely want to learn. As far as ^^^post #8, you need to dial in your VE tables before using that tool to dial in PE (power enrichment). It's a little gray to me but you disable MAF to tune VE w MAP??? Is MAF tuning anything like LV8 in '165 TPI???

Can you elaborate...are you using a cable drive from the 4L60E to drive the stock speedo? The stock speedo can provide a 2k pulse signal but Idk if the LT1 PCM can use it. '7730 you can uncheck mag sensor. If anything the PCM is probably looking for the 40 tooth reluctor pulse per mile. Someone correct me if I have this all wrong. Oh are you using both in the same tailhousing???
Hi stew,
yea, would have to look into #8 a little more and look at that VE table your mentioning. i havent messed with anything other than an LT1.
yea, out of the 4L60E i replaced the VSS sensor with the Speedometer Gear Set(2nd url link) then using my OEM elky cable to the speedo. forward of the gear set (towards the engine about 3-4 inches i drilled and tapped a hole in the tranny housing for the OEM GM VSS (1st url link). and then just plugged in the VSS connector plug from the wiring harness. the OEM GM VSS then reads the pulses from the reluctor ring (3rd url link). you can go to https://jagsthatrun.com/pages/about-jtr and see how that conversion is done, i have that TPI/TBI book. driving the elky out on the street, it seems to shift fine and reads MPH like it should. but as i mentioned to Neukam , i am getting that VSS trouble code. see his response in post #10