Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
The log doesn`t look that bad as you thought. I can clearly see that ccm is waking in the middle of nowhere and starts spamming the bus.

Initial connection is also slow but the end it make it through.

There is a slight chance that the ccm sends request to pcm, at that point the ccm is shut down, than pcm response to ccm and ccm is awake again.
I suggest sending both modules m8 msg so they shut together. Or the m8 command must be send when pcm response back. On eeack logs I found that some f9 module is also quieted.

NomakeWan can you remove ccm fuse and try it again just to confirm that the issue is indeed in the ccm module.

Best will be to plug another aldl device and log the real serial communication over the bus, to see when ccm is brought back to life.
The thing is, 0.5.1 actually worked pretty much perfectly even on my '94. It had an occasional initial connection issue, but once it was connected it could read without major issues and could disconnect and reboot the PCM gracefully. So while I absolutely agree that the '94 has some other issue that's making this a major PITA for all involved, that's kind of the whole point.

Once I get back from work I can yank the CCM fuse just to see what happens, sure.

I also received my Saleae Logic 8 the other day, so I can now do snooping on the ALDL bus while communication is going on. I do need to get my other laptop out of storage to do it though--can't run the data acquisition software on the same machine that's talking to the bus because there's a fairly good chance I'll run out of CPU cycles on the poor little netbook, hahaha. No big, I should be able to work that out tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
actually i reviewed the log and i know what's wrong here. i'll release a fix tonight.
Sweet! I look forward to testing the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
im not convinced your ‘94 is a good test subject
how about the ‘95?
I always test on the '94 first because it's the problem child, and because it's in the garage. If the idea is to have a robust flash program, I know that the '94 will be the real test to see if it works. The '95 is great as a control just to see if everything works the same way, but yeah.