Brief update - the temperature compensated build with two 3d tables is finally working well. I'm embarrassed to say I'd moved a single line of code without fully thinking through the requirement for the state machine it's used for. That one line's been kicking my backside for the past three weeks.

I'm working out some additional tweaks to logging and polishing up the code base. After that all that remains is to build out base dwell vs temp vs voltage tables for the four remaining coils I have data for. Hoping to get close to an official release over the weekend.

kur4o I have a question relevant to this post from Tom's obd-2 reverse engineering thread (from page 12). I didn't want to spam that thread for something not necessarily relevant to current progress.

Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
Is it possible that tside runs on different frequency. I made some calculations but could`nt get it right. I might be missing something there. The engine run time counter there is known to increase each second but I managed to calculate a 0.8seconds increment. Which doesn`t look correct.
Curious if you uncovered any more info on this. If not, please don't waste a bunch of time doing so, but I'm trying to make timekeeping in the controller firmware match that of the PCM for the purpose of having a way to associate the logging data.

I've never paid very close attention, but for example I noticed this morning that eehack is showing 52.1 minutes of data. By my math that should be around 3126 seconds of runtime, but the last frame of data in the log shows runtime of 3153. Unfortunately I didn't check what the controller had counted, but if my math is correct it should be no more than 8.5ms slow per hour. I'll keep closer track this evening and try to speed up the controller's timekeeping to at least get in the ballpark.