Quote Originally Posted by NomakeWan View Post
Thanks all. It occurs to me I forgot to mention in the first post that my cars are both Y-bodies. I've slapped a signature on now so this won't be a problem going forward. As such Scan9495 never worked properly, since it was designed to talk to an F-body, not a Y-body. EEhack of course works perfectly.

Terminal_Crazy, since you seem to have the 'secret sauce' in your possession, and this being a hacking and reverse-engineering forum, would you mind just sharing said information? I don't mind doing manual commands or adding definitions, I had to do that back in my Subaru days when I was helping figure out communication with the Subaru SVX's various computers. But I'm relatively new to GM, so I wouldn't really know where to look or what magic search terms to use to get what I want. Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.

EDIT: If by "definitions" you mean the ones from this very website, I did already have those, but they only contain commands to read data from the ABS/ASR computer, not to force it to actually perform tasks. The relevant definitions to my vehicles are here:

1992/1993/1994 Y-body Bosch ABS/ASR: http://gearhead-efi.com/gearhead-efi/def/aldl/A175.DS
1995 Y-body Bosch ABS/ASR: http://gearhead-efi.com/gearhead-efi/def/aldl/A288.DS

But yeah, if someone knows the proper commands to tell the ABS computer to actually do something like the Tech 1 does, I'm all ears.
Hi
I guess you have all those data streams.
That's what I had long before I read anything about anyone talking to the PCM. I think TunerCats was it at the time.
I was only looking to access the ABS fault codes which are listed in the streams (F body anyway)
Since I had Tunercats & could access the engine info I didn't see a need to access any more. I also didn't get to decode their raw output for other filtering software.
It was Steveo's EEHack that rekindled my interest as I could access the log data.

I'll mention Gary Doug again. His Scan 94-95 software accesses the 94-95 F Body pcm's.
He can also actuate the ABS motors.
I think he had a Tech 1 that he has reversed engineered (read the output code commands) to do this.

He is on lots of Fbody sites, www.CamaroZ28.com www.Ls1Tech.com .

Either contact him or see if anyone else has decoded a Tech 1.
It was always my intention to get one but the genuine ones were dear.
I think you can get a chinese copy for a couple of hundred $$.
It would be good if we could get a full list of control commands, Anybody interested?

Another thought:
Have you tried shutting up the babble on the other units on the bus or as I've read here pulling fuses for other modules on the bus that aren't required.
Can EEHack issue multiple commands?
I recall having to send a couple of "quiet" commands before asking for data or I got corrupted replies.

Mitch