Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
All coil outputs goes through 431 ohm resistor
Thanks for the pictures - it's somewhat irrelevant but the 431 marking means 43[1] where [1] indicates the number of following zeros. So technically those are 430 ohm resistors, and it's very interesting to see 8 on the 411 PCM and 6 on the two V6 PCMs and almost literally be able to trace them directly to the external connector pins. If you can confirm the location of the noise filtering caps being on the chip side of the 430 ohm resistors this indicates the 11124 chip very likely has additional in-line protection resistors, else the outputs would be susceptible to shorting into the discharged caps.

I think it's safe to assume this chip's VCC is +5v, so Ohm's law seems to indicate the absolute maximum igniter current these PCMs would be capable of sinking is 5/430=0.011627 or 11.6 milliamps. The 411 in the LS1 applications was driving D580 coils, correct? That seems to indicate the 470 ohm resistor in the diy-ltcc circuit shouldn't be a limitation, nor should the AVR's current sink capability.

Would the V6 applications use a waste spark setup also, or were they coil per cylinder / cop?

Excellent find!

Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
It can be configured by the cpu to run in different modes. Single coil output with a distributor, single coil output with external ICM, and multi coil setup for ls1 and northstar type of coils and for 4,6 or 8 cylinders setup.

The ultimate hack will be to make it accept an LT1 opti signals.
I wish I had your ambition.

I had to order a tpms tool and went ahead and got a replacement LSU4.9 wideband sensor from the big "A". I had a few points built up on my card so I also put a D585 and a D514a coil in the shopping cart. I didn't get Delco / Delphi units due to cost, but these are from AIP Electronics and I've dealt with them in the past and know they stand behind their products. So I should have a couple coils to test later this week.