Thread: 94 Buick RoadMaster Estate Wagon LT 1 issues

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Since I have to pay for labor it was more practical to just replace the injectors with new rather than swap around.

That was the only change however the front cyl and rear two on the passenger side remained exactly the same on the SnapOn scanner. The second cyl is just slightly leaver. So you are right the entire bank is showing rich.

The left bank is reading fine. We did swap O2 sensors then replaced them with know good ones. No change at all.

I had him disconnect the battery and both O2 sensorsovernight. He then hooked the battery up in the morning. We were hoping it would run open loop, not using the O2 . However while it ran slightly better it still showed the right bank rich and pops in the converter.

While the intake was off he inspected the ports with a bore scope as well as bright light, looking for deposits or anything else that might cause problems.

I’ve suspected an ignition problem for awhile. Even though it has a new Opti, new wires, new plugs. He said he just received the optional spark tester that SnapOn has. He said he would try and get it hooked up so he could test that end again. Apparently this addition allows looking at spark for presence, operation and condition similar to our old oscilloscope.

I asl asked that he review the exhaust system, especially where the AIR pump fittings are. He had plugged them earlier but I wanted a review of this.

I appreciate everyone’s comments. I’ve had him look at virtually everything noted here but nothing seems to even touch the problem.

I’ve also checked numerous repair shops around her and they won’t touch the car as it is OBD1 even I bring my EEHACK computer to test with. Their mechanics only know OBD2. I told these places I will not stand for “ Throwing parts at it, hoping they guess the solution. I want to see and know the problem. They just run me out the door.

Maybe I’ll know more Monday morning.

FRUSTRATED.

Byron
    Last edited by Bentwings; 11-18-2019 at 02:46 AM.