Quote Originally Posted by Daveo91 View Post
Thanks, donf. No wideband yet. In the master plan, but I'm trying to get all the other issues ironed out first. For a while I had both exhaust leaks and an intake leak that were causing all sorts of problems - those are all fixed now so on to the other stuff.

My #2 issue has me concerned. Any thoughts from anyone whether the cyclic surge on decel could be caused with fuel/timing parameters on the engine side, or is consensus that this is a tranny issue?
The wideband info can help on both. We are on this side of the computer screen, so its very hard to diagnose a problem. You have to start with what you know and your flying blind on a lot of this without logging wideband readings. If it starts acting weird you can log that and know for sure its not or it is fuel related. With a narrow band you may know its rich or lean, but they are basically Stoic sensors and nothing more accurate than that. If you are looking at the block learn averages to change to spot something like this, it may if it happens for long enough, but its not the best way. If you positively cant afford a wide band I would look at the logged data in spreadsheet form anyway without it. See what it changing frame by frame over that particular problem. Whether its IAC counts, or timing, or the very limited fuel mixture info you already have access to. Post the info in spreadsheet form for the few seconds when the problem is happening and maybe others can take a look too.