Quote Originally Posted by tayto View Post
I guess if shift feel and drivetrain longevity are not a concern then fly at it. AFAIK they run full pressure which is not a long term solution for any sort of long transmission life. I am surprised they picked a 700r4 for a 4x4 of that stature, i am running one in my 1/2 ton pickup and would be going a different route if it was any larger. i've built a few 700r4 and 4l60e and personally wouldn't run a full manual valve body on anything that wasnt a purpose built race car/truck. Put it in drive and go. neck snapping shifts + wet/icey climate where i am from does not make for a fun driving experience. YMMV.
I guess I should have clarified. This is a purpose built truck. Trailer to and trailer from the trail. The transgo kits are temping but not having reverse pattern for what we do is super annoying. Plus my buddy had one installed in two 4L60e's that advertise the same functionality and they would still randomly shift up without moving the shifter. Just going by what the people I see all the time are telling me what has and hasn't worked for them.