Thread: low BLM

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    1995, 16197427 BJXL, L31r w/lunati 20080660. First question is, because of the cam, when I install the stock bin do I change initial spark advance to 9.8 or leave it at 0.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dhworkin View Post
    1995, 16197427 BJXL, L31r w/lunati 20080660. First question is, because of the cam, when I install the stock bin do I change initial spark advance to 9.8 or leave it at 0.
    Initial Spark Advance or Base Spark Advance matches your distributors physical setting. What I tend to do there is run as much initial as the combination will allow without kicking back on the starter hot. This generally gives the best cold start. 10-14* BTDC generally works out very well in my experience.

Fuel Injected!
    Fast355, you said you've posted a vortec spark map numerous times, I've looked but I cant find anything. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to do this (not that I don't want to) and will need to pay to get it right. I can load bins, datalogging, built a history table for blm, smooth ve tables, downloaded and learned excel so I can use Dave w's work sheets but I cant find a timing table for my next step. I need this to happen a lot faster.

Last edited by dud; 04-15-2019 at 08:23 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks dud. I tried to paste the spark table from excel to the bin, but it wouldn't bc I have a 600 and 1000 RPM columns in my bin and the vortec excel sheet doesn't . So I copied from 1200 to 6000 and pasted, copied the 400 column and pasted and then the 800. Next I filled in the 600 and 1000 RPM columns with the values close to the cells around them and was wondering if that is correct or should I build the table in my bin that don't have the 600 and 800 RPM columns.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dhworkin View Post
    Fast355, you said you've posted a vortec spark map numerous times, I've looked but I cant find anything. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to do this (not that I don't want to) and will need to pay to get it right. I can load bins, datalogging, built a history table for blm, smooth ve tables, downloaded and learned excel so I can use Dave w's work sheets but I cant find a timing table for my next step. I need this to happen a lot faster.
    I just noticed your question. Your PE spark advance table would match the 1.15 or 1.20 equivalence row on the Vortec. The main spark advance table is copied into the idle tables on the Vortec setup too. I have never seen a reason to use different values for Off-Idle and Idle spark tables.

Last edited by Fast355; 04-18-2019 at 07:39 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    IMG_5633.jpgThe table in my bin has a 600 and 1000 RPM column and doesn't have a 0 RPM. I thought the vortec timing table would have the same RPM columns as the table in mine.

Fuel Injected!
    I don't want to change my table or do anything abnormal. My main spark table has different RPM values than the vortec spark table and I'm not able to paste from vortec table to my spark table bc of that. Am I trying to use the wrong table in my bin? Is there a vortec spark table that has the same RPM values as the main spark table that I'm trying to use? pic on post #17

Fuel Injected!
    You're not going to add columns or rows in your bin. Just copy the vortec ones that are there into yours. If yours has a column or row that the vortec table doesn't have then I would take the average of the two and plug that into your table.
    Last edited by stew86MCSS396; 04-21-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks stew 86, my timing is much better. VE Adjustments are not going so well, my long term has come from 90 to 105 but will not go lean by VE adjuments. I think my problem might be mechanical/wiring related and want to know what you guys think it might be