Thread: Vortech, 502 mag 525hp manifolds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    I would love a closer look at one of those Scropion 383 intakes please.
    Ah Heck, here I am at the shop at 2:15 in the morn, gotta get a bit of work done. Here's some pics of the scorpion. Turning the top around is possible but will take a bit of work. The factory setup used a 2 wire ford type IAC so that would have to be blocked off to turn it around. Also, once turned around you would need to drill and tap the base as some of the bolt holes won't line up. Not that big a deal but would have to be addressed. Also the 90mm TB doesn't have an IAC provision so you would have to run an external IAC adapter. Next time I am over there I will take a pic of one and post. Basically a hose will go to the adapter which is billet aluminum and a stock gm IAC bolts to it.

I hate bog the forum down with too much bandwidth on pictures so please PM with email address and I will try to get any more info and pics to anyone that way. As for the TB pics, I really need to remove them and measure with a dial caliper and I will another time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    I also found this which is pretty cool. It's a vortec dual plane intake with a 90mm TB. :) It is cast iron.
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    Btw, anything I sell, I will clean and flow test the injectors, this stuff has been around a few years. I will also run everything down to the machine shop and run through the parts washer for a few minutes to clean up so they look new.
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by In-Tech View Post
    Ah Heck, here I am at the shop at 2:15 in the morn, gotta get a bit of work done. Here's some pics of the scorpion. Turning the top around is possible but will take a bit of work. The factory setup used a 2 wire ford type IAC so that would have to be blocked off to turn it around. Also, once turned around you would need to drill and tap the base as some of the bolt holes won't line up. Not that big a deal but would have to be addressed. Also the 90mm TB doesn't have an IAC provision so you would have to run an external IAC adapter. Next time I am over there I will take a pic of one and post. Basically a hose will go to the adapter which is billet aluminum and a stock gm IAC bolts to it.

I hate bog the forum down with too much bandwidth on pictures so please PM with email address and I will try to get any more info and pics to anyone that way. As for the TB pics, I really need to remove them and measure with a dial caliper and I will another time.
    One of the major EFI companies, Holley or the like makes a Ford IAC to GM IAC adapter that lets you mount a GM IAC to a Ford engine.

Thanks for the pictures on that. When I looked at it closer its not something I could make work in my application because the throttle body and all the oil fill and dipstick tubes would be fighting for the same space.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    One of the major EFI companies, Holley or the like makes a Ford IAC to GM IAC adapter that lets you mount a GM IAC to a Ford engine.

Thanks for the pictures on that. When I looked at it closer its not something I could make work in my application because the throttle body and all the oil fill and dipstick tubes would be fighting for the same space.
    Hey Fast355, thanks for that, once you mentioned it I do remember seeing those now.
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    Since I am digging stuff out. I have a 3 bolt 90mm TB if anyone needs one. I'll give it away to you folks here for $100 plus $15 medium box usps priority mail, otherwise I'll actually clean it and put it on ebay for $200, lol
    These things just don't exist. I used to keep them around for blower stuff. You have to cut/grind the linkage off a stock TB and then install on this one.
    -Carl