Thread: 1227747 with DEKA injectors

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator
    The chart appears to show minimum PW at 1.7 ms. I don't believe I'd go lower.
    The voltage offset chart is also present at the link above. Having the correct voltage offsets is very important for consistent idle.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    The chart appears to show minimum PW at 1.7 ms. I don't believe I'd go lower.
    The voltage offset chart is also present at the link above. Having the correct voltage offsets is very important for consistent idle.
    I had the same thought so I did experimently lower the injector bias from 1.4 to 1.0 and it won’t idle at any temperature so I’m hoping there’s a sweet spot around 1.2. Or lower the fuel pressure a bit and hope I don’t lose too much fuel at the top end.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by bp71k5 View Post
    I had the same thought so I did experimently lower the injector bias from 1.4 to 1.0 and it won’t idle at any temperature so I’m hoping there’s a sweet spot around 1.2. Or lower the fuel pressure a bit and hope I don’t lose too much fuel at the top end.
    On second thought, I’m not sure what’s going on. When engine is cold, it’ll start up ok and then die unless I give it throttle. That seems to tell me it needs more fuel at idle.

Once it warms up it would idle, but too high with too high IAC counts.

Since the openloop AFR fueling level is set from the VE1 table and then adjusts the AFR to be richer during a cold start, there would have to be a very large fueling difference needed between cold and normal operating temperature, a larger difference than the openloop AFR vs coolant table is asking for. Is that a logical conclusion? It’s hard to believe changing the injector bias from 1.4 to 1.0 would expose that large of a cold vs hot fuel requirement difference.

It might be a good plan to include a Wide Band O2 Sensor (WBO2) to the information collection process.

One possible option for a WBO2: https://www.aemelectronics.com/produ...uego-afr-gauge

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    It might be a good plan to include a Wide Band O2 Sensor (WBO2) to the information collection process.

One possible option for a WBO2: [url]https://www.aemelectronics.com/products/wideband-uego-air-fuel-controllers/digital-wideband-uego-afr-gauge/digital-wideband-uego-afr-gauge[/url

dave w
    That’s not a bad option for the price. May be time to do that.