Thread: New Guy. TBI questions and help needed.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Carb and Points!
    Peter,
    I may try one after I get the exhaust on and see how it acts, and I'm going to back timing back to Zero like factory. I would think it is getting hot enough because it isn't but about 1.5in below the collector on the street rod headers, they look like the old ram horn manifolds kinda. My truck will run a lot at slower speed in the woods and rock crawling, so that may help it for sure. Thanks Peter for all you help. It's very cool to find a group of people like ya'll that are willing to help me. Andrew

Lionelhutz,
    He seemed like a good guy when I first emailed him about getting one of his chips about six months ago, and then when I emailed him the other day telling him I was getting close to ordering it, he seemed to want to point the finger and tell me what I was doing wrong, and that it wouldn't run right. He did help me diagnosis some of my problems with the V6 only loaded computer, and I'm won't take that away from him. I believe he is a good guy just maybe tired of doing it. I would be happy with OK, it doesn't have to be a Monster just make good power and run and idle right. I will probably let Dave do all the alterations to the chip. Tuning it myself seems a little over my head at the moment. I was very proud after I got it all hooked up and fired it up for the first time and it ran. I have heard of the 3 wire heated O2 sensor, but not a 4. Is a 4 supposed to be better than a 3 wire? I'm still trying to learn all I can about TBI, so I can help others like myself in the woods and rock crawling with there vehicles.

I want to Thank everyone who has helped on my post so far. I will keep reporting back on my progress.
    Last edited by GreaseMonkey210; 03-12-2019 at 06:29 AM.