It seems like I'm getting somewhere with wrastlin' this AE into submission. I'm starting to get a better understanding of the what/how/why. AE is just to compensate for the drop in manifold vacuum when the throttle is opened quickly. Much like pump shot in a carburetor since TBI is also a wet manifold... AE is just to get you into PE then PE is in play from then on out.

My throttle only opens 60%, I need to adjust the throttle cable or something, possibly move the home-made bracket that mounts it. Most of the time, when I slam the pedal down to 60% it is no longer lean popping. I'm still getting some lean pop occasionally.

Once I got rid of most of the lean pops, I was also seeing the WB02 pegged on full rich 10 AFR. It was sluggish going off the line, especially when lightly stepping into the throttle. I have reduced some of the TPS AE and that seems to have helped.

Does it stand to reason that with a large throttle body, and all the open plenum space of a carbed single plane, that MAP AE is going to probably be the main requirement to get AE in line? It seems that way in my case. I have read about other people having similar experiences with needing more MAP AE than TPS AE in similar setups.

Really makes me appreciate my LS truck.... A dry manifold that comes off in 5 minutes, No distributor to hassle with, no AE to have to tune. Just slug the PE right into the 11.5 AFR range, turn up the boost and let it eat.