Thread: Need help tuning my calibration on a 0411 with road runner emulator using TunerCat.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Hey evryone,

So, I have been dancing with the tambourine around my truck today, and found a few problems that I had, due to which I got OBD2 with scanXL not connecting to the interface and ECM. And the second problem, why the truck would just start rev and die on me at a certain rpm.

1. The ScanXL - I had both the pin 4 (ground) and pin 5 (Low Bus -) connected to the ground from ECM (to Low Bus-). As soon as I connected the pin 4 from OBD2 to ground mass of the chassis, the ScanXL got connected and started reading and logging.

2. The rev up to a certain RPM and shut off - I found that on top of the plastic manifold I had the vacuum hole opened somehow, since I have the brake booster swapped to hydraulic one, I have shut the vacuum tube (closed it), well the tube connector unplugged, so I had a vacuum leak, vacuum hole I would say. As soon as I have reconnected it back, the truck started running again.

But I still didn`t get it to idle without accelerating.

So here are the log files that I have took of starting the engine and idling with accelerator pedal involved. The name off the log file contains the used cal file setting and the MAF connected and disconnected.

a. I used the Express Val cal file with updated settings from Fast355 BIGCAM excel file and MAF connected.

b. And I used the NISANDA`s cal file with changes he made for me to run my cam, one log with MAF on, other with MAF connector off (in MAP only) which made the truck work very stable, but no idle and startup without accelerating. And log with MAF reconnected again.

Fast355 since you are using scanXL could you please have a look at my log files, I will be studying them as well to try and figure them out, but you have a lot of experience and I’m sure will see what is happening straight away. All logs are taken with the truck in key off position, and then started using accelerator pedal.

I as well attach the both calibration files i used.

Sincerely,

thank you.

Sorry didn`t notice, the log files were not loaded, had to zip them to load here...
    Last edited by Aksl; 02-03-2019 at 10:29 PM.