Thread: Starting to Learn on 95 G30 5.7 for Towing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So the first full WOT dyno run was not aborted only because I was looking at tunerpro to see when PE and AE where kicking in instead of the dyno screen. I slowed the acceleration rate down to better simulate towing and it went very lean for the first second and a half. Not lean enough to make a drivability problem but lean enough to where I don't want to repeat that mistake. I think I need to work on the AE. The rest of the run hovered around 13 so that's not bad for now. So some nice person here posted a Bin that is supposed to be from a 1996 G van HD with vortec heads. I opened the bin up it looks to be very minor changes in some of the AE tables. Here are the two most changed tables and one is only changed when its very cold. So my question is does this look like enough of a change or may I need something more. It looks like the tables affected have to do with time, but what table affects the amount of fuel? I am not fully understanding these yet. I was surprised but a lot of the AE tables where exactly the same for the 96 vortec head tbi van vs my 95. The hp and torque on the first run were improved over the tbi heads and flat tappet cam through the whole range but I think there is still some timing problem holding it back by a lot.

Edit: I think the time in the AE tables is adding time to injector pulse width. If that is the case, then the 96 tbi G van looks to lean the TPS AE table at the very top not increase it compared to 1995 and the 193 heads. It's not bad drivability wise as is at all, but I would rather not be that lean even for a second. There is a lot of talk about AE here in past threads, but not many specifics, also the older tbi computers appear to have a fewer tables. I think I will test the theory by increasing the time slightly in the two main tables and see what the result is.

Last edited by donf; 01-13-2019 at 06:59 AM.