Hello again. Well I've run into a few mechanical issues in my new set up.the 4.9 had 5 broken exhaust manifold bolts in the heads.then 2 spark plugs twisted 9ff leaving the threaded part in the hole.after getting those 2 probs fixed up and new pan gasket and rear main seal I bolted the 700 r4 up to it.ugh. there 8s a large gap so the torque converter pilot does not reach the crank pilot hole.I did not know this would be a problem. I ordered a kit from speedway_motors to bolt a 2.8v6 to a full size 700 r4 sbc pattern.it comes with a block plate and a pilot adapter. I'm hoping this adapter with out the block plate will center the converter and then use spacers and longer bolts for the 3 pads on the tc.if I pull the converter closer to the engine it has to come out of the trans about almost a half inch to reach pilot hole.then still a 3/4 inch gap between flexplate and tc bolt pad. So I hope this will work.if not I may have to find a full size trans.does the 7427 control a 4l60e.just a thought if I can't make the 700 work.any experience anyone can share is appreciated. tia.