OK,

With BLM restrained to 128, and Closed Loop turned off, I went and did some driving for about 40 minutes. Strangely, the ECU still went into open loop (gasp!). I could -see- "Open Loop" enabled on the TunerPro dashboard. Hmmm....

Nevertheless, with the BLM restricted from going anywhere, it was just me, the VE table, and the O2 Voltage levels. It drove quite nice, with the NB and WB showing me just a few more slight rich and lean spots. I tweaked the VE based on the Average O2 Voltages per cell, then went for another drive with with BLMs now allowed to go as far as 122 (5%).

Almost right away, the BLMs went 122 (my set minimum), ECU was pulling fuel, and I was getting into a lean surge. If, at 5% leaner, I'm getting into lean surge, I must have my VE table pretty close, no? Anyway - here is a screen shot showing the BLM Averages with BLM set to 122 minimum.

18-07-21.jpg

Makes me wonder, since it is STILL going into closed loop despite the Closed Loop Min Coolant Temp set to MAX, there has to be something else going on that I'm missing.

While EGR temp was maxed to prevent it from operating (it is removed and blocked off), I went into both EGR Spark Advance and EGR Fuel Multiplier and set everything to 0 (it wasn't before) just in case it's being enabled despite my temp setting. I haven't tested this yet, but it's the tree I'm barking up right now.