This tread reminds of the "Worst Ever" TBI conversion I've ever seen.

Strike one - Don't use the SBC Throttle Body on a 454, sure the 700R4 TV linkage is on SBC Throttle Body.

Strike two - Don't use SBC injectors on a 454, sure the BPW is the same for both the 350 and 454 .bin files but the injector flow is not the same!

Strike three - So the decision was made to use a SBC Throttle Body on a 454 because it solves the 700R4 TV Cable linkage problem, but maybe an adjust the 700R4 TV cable is still needed? Maybe that's why the freshly rebuilt 700R4 only lasted 300 miles after the 454 conversion. Just because the 350 throttle body and 454 throttle body have the same bolt pattern does mean they are interchangeable.

I doubt the lean running / fuel starved 454 with 350 injectors was a "Torque Monster" capable of smoking the tires or burning 700R4 clutch packs.

I still wonder, why keep using the 350 PROM chip on a 454??? Oh, the 454 PROM chip was for a TH400, that why.

In this one special case, I didn't even need to power on my laptop to figure out what was wrong with the prom chip. I simply stated, a "For Sale" sign is your best option. A custom PROM chip is no longer needed.

dave w