Quote Originally Posted by vilefly View Post
I still need to obtain 8 LS coils to start my tinkering.
Mine are some new "scratch and dent" coils that I found on big auction site for a very reasonable price. The worst looking one has a small chip in the epoxy around the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal_Crazy View Post
I used the Comp Cams pushrod checker and got the smallest sweep and tried 0.050, 0.100 and 0.150 either side.
Hmm thinking about this is making me nevous now :-)
With the spring loads we're running stuff is bound to wear faster, but if you follow Comp's "procedure" blindly it's a recipe for disaster. They should really take that page down because it comes up at the top of search results, and it's horribly incomplete.

If you ended up with the smallest sweep you're probably fine - this puts the rocker at roughly a 90 degree angle to the valve stem around mid lift. My original setup with stock length pushrods had a sweep pattern close to the middle of the valve about .105" wide so I gave it no more thought. The 90 degree at mid lift method got the sweep closer to .022" but it's on the outer 1/3 of the tip. There's really no way to adjust it in without throwing out the 90 degree geometry other than having custom trunnions made with offset stud holes.

The only reason I noticed this is because the #6 intake valve was cocking sideways and contacting the seat as the rocker started to open it. It was making a faint "clink" sound as the face of the valve was ringing like a bell.