Quote Originally Posted by spfautsch View Post
I know this is ridiculously off-topic, but no-one else seems to be volunteering to build or test a prototype so you're stuck listening to me whine.

One of the items on my "while i have the engine out" checklist was to evaluate pushrod length and determine if what I had was acceptable. Boy, did I open a can of worms.

While I did come up with a more "correct" length and buy new pushrods, unfortunately I found as I was preparing to put the intake back on that I had already trashed all the guides in my newly LE1'd heads. Long story short, don't under any circumstances follow CompCams guide here or anything that sounds like it. It is completely and utterly incorrect. With only 100 hours on my build I have excessive guide to stem clearance from using "geometry" that was determined erroneously using said guide.

Whatever your take on valvetrain geometry, this puts me at least two weeks if not a month (not to mention a considerable spend) away from turning the key on it again. I'm so incredibly p****d words can't do it justice.
Hiya Scott, I got your email - Thanks

That sucks.
I used the Comp Cams pushrod checker and got the smallest sweep and tried 0.050, 0.100 and 0.150 either side.
Hmm thinking about this is making me nevous now :-)

Cheers
Mitch