Hello fellas. Quick thanks to all of you who take the time to share your ideas, research, opinions, and results. Especially with remarkable patience. The Internet can be a very dismal place with most forums having rude and disrespectful bullies which ruin it for most. It's very refreshing to stumble upon this one and see that's there's more compassion and understanding than egos and machismo. Y'all get an 'ata boy !

Now onto my problem. I read through countless threads on here and gathered what I need to make my OBD1 to USB connection. I bought a FTDI232 that came with a connecting cable. Before I soldered the Rx to the Tx, and since I am only interested in receiving, I figured I'd see if it worked without it. It does. Sort of. My problem is that I can see the raw data rolling through but, I do not have any sensor data. I am using WinAldl. Should my Baud be set at 4800 instead of the default 2400 ? Also, on the main screen within WinAldl there's little box, top center, to the left of the Configuration button, it is flashing red and changing numerals. I looked at many different instructions, including the readme.txt that came with the program, yet I can't find any info about that little box and what the numerals mean. I did notice in his instructional screen shots that he has 20 in his, where mine was changing from 5,4,3, and 2 randomly. Any help would be much appreciated

1990 G20 5.7 LO5 Vin K
ECM - 1227747 86ASDU