My wires are just stripped and tightened too. I initially started using a DB37, but it was getting so crowded, so quickly...and I knew it be far easier to troubleshoot (and probe) if I could spread things out. Then I went a bit crazy with the label maker...
I just grabbed an actual ALDL connector out of the salvage yard yesterday...I'd just been using alligator jumper leads.

I think I might throw together a little proto-board with some led's, pull-up/down switches, and maybe a few simple 555 pwm generators...just to break out all the outputs and stimulate the remaining inputs. I also received some digital potentiometers in the mail the other day, so I may try to wire up an Arduino to drive those, to control TPS, MAP, Coolant, etc...I thought then a script could be written to hit every single point in a table (rather than trying to move multiple knobs by hand). That may be (definitely is) a bit beyond necessary, but might be kinda fun/interesting.

If I get really ambitious, I may try making a board that rolls it all together...more to force myself to practice PCB layout, than out of actual necessity. I like the JimStim, but do wish it had a few more I/O, and was a bit less crowded and more clearly labeled...I know it is designed for Megasquirt, but it's about 95% of the way to being a universal ECM stimulator.