Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. View Post
The 93-97 LT1 pcms. the 93 is all by itself and is not a flash pcm. The 94-95 OBD1's are the easiest. 96-97 for OBD2. The only problem I have had with them is a lot of flashing issues and bricked pcm's. I had no issues for years and then had 6 bad pcm's. I don't know if it is the age or that the flash chips were replaced with substandard parts. I would like to find someone that could fix them reliably.
The delteq uses a Northstar module and coils. I would think you could use the coil pack and module from a 3.8 buick. The only fancy piece to the Delteq is a small convertor that replaces the stock coil and module. I would consider making my own convertor if I can get someone to back engineer them. I have too much going on to properly focus on that project. If any one would like to try it, I can send you one to decipher.
Once I get my car running more reliably I would love to see the delteq stuff. That is weird that you bricked the PCMs just because the delteq was hooked up. Vilefly is really on the right track with making a converter box for the opti signal. Tom there are people that fix bricked PCMs and if you are good with a soldering iron you can do it yourself as well. I know tunercat had a pretty cheap service to fix them.

Ras, the 94-95 LT1 PCMs run the $EE program and are by far the easiest to hack and tune with the available software. Check out SteveO's website fbodytech.com for more info on that PCM.