Thread: Advice on reducing shift firmness under low tps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Yeah I have been researching how the 4l60e works and how the computer controls it for quite a while. I understand the force motor reference and also have used the EE Hack duty cycle slider on the precious trans during troubleshooting.

Will the adaptive shift times being increased really make a huge difference in firmness if there is already a shift kit installed in this trans? It was never this firm with a loose converter but now when I have to take a turn it almost feels like I'm being pushed off the road when I hit 2nd.

Fuel Injected!
    I'd try to get the pressure close to begin with.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks, my pressure is in spec as to what my parts supplier recommended but I just need to soften 1-2 and 2-3 a small amount.

Ill consider and research some more as I go, thanks for advice and if anyone else has experience in trans tables give me a reply.

I had a very firm shift 1-2, but when I rebuilt my 1995 4l60e a few months ago I just returned the 1-2 accumulator to stock as it was a towing application. This took away all of the harshness 1-2, even with a Corvette servo, tighter band clearance and .082 feed hole. If your 1-2 accumulator spring setup is not stock, I would look there first, before other changes. My 1-2 accumulator was actually set up like a 94 with the reversed position, reversing the piston like the 95 and later and putting the factory springs back in helped a lot. New separator plates are not that expensive either if your feed holes are too big.