Thread: Another Conversion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Okay! So I got my bran spankin new dizzy from summit. Put some new fuel in the new tank. Cranked over. Its is alive!!!! Still slightly rich. Vac is at apps 12-13 " hg.what is idle supposed to sit at timing wise w spout thing unplugged?

Okay so ive got it set at 4° btdc. Running slightly rich. Still have to wire in that thing that the knock sensor is wired into power wise i think. The vac is sitting at 13 ish vac. Its running pretty darn well. Have to redo the tbi unit as its leaking a little. I hear this high pitched wine in the engine bay. Still need to plug the vac line from the distributor with a cap as its got a hose with screw driver in it at the moment. Think i need a thicker gasket under the carb adapter plate so i can better fit hoses and such on the tbi unit. There was another vac unit in the loom that has some 3 inlet outlet pipes. Not sure if those are needed or not to boost vac at idle or if my idle issue is purely a leak... Let me know and ill keep posted as i go along.

Ohh... My oil pressure light is on... Did i hook up wrong wire?

And how do i tell what my coolant temp is now? Had a mechanical sender....

Hmm. Looks like i may have to set the timing at 0* if im reading this right.
    Last edited by r.e.c.enthusiasts; 07-17-2017 at 05:46 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Okay, so i now have the knock sensor and esc installed. Only found 2 vac leaks. Fixed both. Fixed fuel leak at the injector. Its still slightly rich i think. Vac is at 15 cold down to 13 idle hot.... It also has a minor sputter at idle. It is running way better though. However i fear i may have to have the engine reworked. Also does any body have the lower thermostat housing with wet sensor hole?

Fuel Injected!
    So.. Any body here have a 68-72 c10 with a l6 250(or 30 -92) tbi setup? Id love to see some pics with how you did your wiring...