Thread: Open Loop EE Advice

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've researched up and down that subject and though I'd be open to trying one out, LT4 knock modules have become as rare as hen's teeth. Without a wideband and better knowledge of what I'm doing I'm extremely reluctant to detune knock retard.

I'm sure some amount of what I'm logging is false, as I can get the knock count to increment at hot idle by just blipping the throttle. In addition to that, the exhaust system seems like it resonates well at the frequency the knock circuit is tuned to. I picked up huge amounts of knock count by whacking the collector with a small piece of brass rod. I also found I had cracked one of my exhaust tips with a backfire (killed my MAF cleaning it, severe flood condition) and it's "quacking" like a goose was picked up. I've also seen drivetrain noise set it off, hard shifting, acceleration over rough pavement.

But...

The really debilitating stuff is happening between 1300-2100 rpm at 60-75 mph. In cold air it's barely noticeable, but the warmer and thinner the air gets, the worse it becomes to the point it "feeds" itself and KR ends up pegged at 12 until you downshift. Switching from OL to CL with eehack, the counts start climbing as soon as BLMs are enabled so it seems pretty obvious it's going lean in CL.

Knock graph from 5-12

Current OL tune
    Attached Images Attached Images