Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
In the morning Ill go with the edelbrock 3704 and 454 tbi and install in a couple of weeks. If you can point me to any instructions on what needs to be burned to a chip that would be helpful. I figured this would be much easier since I have already removed the TB and intake so many times in the past (broken off heater core line, EGR port cleaning, intake leak, etc).
Ill probably check out going to TPI as well though soon after this just to see what it's like. I dont think I mentioned but I put about 500 miles a year on the truck so its not like its a required vehicle. Its just something i screw around with when bored or want to learn something new. so I hope dave isnt going anywhere anytime soon. And actually since it seems so dam hard to find a complete SD TPI, i could just start finding individual parts and finally have an entire setup by the time Im done playing with a 454 TBI.
I still have all my GM EPROM tuning stuff if you need a hand dialing things in. I recently pulled it all out and am about to dial in a TPI swap on a 1987 Firebird. It has a 10:1 355 with Dart Iron Eagle 180s, a Hotcam, and headers. Ran well with a Q-jet but it will have driveability with the injection. He wanted the look of the TPI over the TBI although I told him it would ultimately cost him HP. My brother and the owner did most of the mechanical grunt work. Full suspension rebuild, EFI swap with my guidance, serpentine belt swap, a/c system rebuild, 4th gen fan swap, TH400 swap, and more.