Thread: Ideas on chip relocation.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've used the chip extender and it works great. No drops outs, no communication errors, nothing.

The problem using something that doesn't have the same design as the chip extender is that you have no signal amplification going on, and noise could be an issue.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    I saw online I think on thirdgen where the chip extender was causing a problem. Also it seems like people have successfully extended the chip without an amplifier. I just wanted to see if anyone had hands on experience with extending the chip from the ecm. So far 1 vote for the moates chip extender.

Fuel Injected!
    I went ahead and purchased the cable, chip extender, and zif from moates to relocate my chip. It's good to support people who produce these unique items.

Fuel Injected!
    I received my items on Saturday and got it all hooked up. The chip extender with the 3 foot ribbon cable work great. Here are some pics of my ecm and chip extender.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    I had no idea something like this even existed until reading this thread... Very cool! I need to get one of these.

Fuel Injected!
    My total came to around $47 but I think the price for each individual item was very fair and the shipping was very fast. Ordered Wednesday night and they shipped Thursday and it arrived Saturday. Its so handy to have. I actually didn't know there was anything like this either. I came up with this whole idea to extend the chip by myself. I was going to buy some sockets and make my own extension. I was doing a little research and discovered moates already had plug and play components for this task. I highly recommend the moates equipment.