Thread: WTB: GMPP TBI / Vortec Intake Manifold

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    With the GMPP TBI/Vortec intake manifold I won't be running an external EGR connection and I'll be blocking off the EGR port on the manifold, does anyone know where you can buy a threaded fitting to block of the EGR entry into the manifold? I was also thinking of plugging the two EGR holes in the plenum floor, to me it looks like fuel could enter the redundant EGR cavity under the manifold?

Fuel Injected!
    Hi Hog,

Thanks for the reply.
    I was going to make my own block off plate, I actually needed the pipe hole plug for the intake manifold.
    Your part numbers helped me track down the part I needed http://www.jegs.com/i/Chevrolet-Perf...56596/10002/-1
    Now I just need to find one from somewhere were the freight is less than $43...

Cheers

Andrew

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitch View Post
    Hi Hog,Thanks for the reply. I was going to make my own block off plate, I actually needed the pipe hole plug for the intake manifold. Your part numbers helped me track down the part I needed http://www.jegs.com/i/Chevrolet-Perf...56596/10002/-1 Now I just need to find one from somewhere were the freight is less than $43...CheersAndrew
    It is actually a hydraulic fitting size. Might be able to track down one local. I tracked down a cap for the EGR port on my Thorley headers when I converted to the Marine intake. Been a while but I want to say it is a JIC fitting.

Just wanted to chime in and say thanks for a great thread. Bookmarked!

I am fighting through this right now. Drilled holes in my tstat this morning. I drilled 3 holes at 3/16" diameter. Still having issues. Things are fine for awhile (hovers around 195) but after running more than 35-40 minutes the engine can't cool below 215. Doesn't get above 225 though. Very strange. I have another thread going on that and once I figure that issue out I will come back and post the solution here. Starting to think my heater core is plugged or connected backwards. FWIW there is no heater control valve on my truck. Not sure if that matters.