Thread: Anyone worked with the 16196397 yet?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Just did a compare BIN against the F-body manual configuration, and made all(?) the appropriate changes...hopefully that helps some. It did take care of a few errors that were present, but mostly just cleanup stuff.

Gotta wait till 8AM to start the truck again.

Super Moderator
    i'll try to get to as many of these as i can before work: I loaded up the log, you have something causing stream corruption. which ADX file are you using and what kind of interface for that matter?

the rest of your ALDL issues are kind of my fault..... i didn't create/release the modified ADX required for use with the 2/3BAR code. i placed the raw 2/3BAR MAP sensor raw a/d value into the T-side over SPI by repurposing the E-side calibration module part number, but never changed the ADX to read the new value. so, what you're seeing is the emulated 1BAR signal that is passed to the T-side, why it's only half scale, i'll have to investigate. if it's only showing up as half-scale on the T-side, it's going to be showing up that way on the e-side as well.

i would recommend not running the engine(or at least driving) at this point, you're probably getting way too much advance delivered and not nearly enough fuel either. this may be why you're having to signficantly play around with fuel delivery. and why you roughly doubled injector size and didn't have to change the injector size to get correct fueling. if you have really conservative spark settings, it may not be an issue, but it isn't correct either. i'll get back on this and run a few simulations when I get home. looks like I goofed the math somewhere and did an extra divide.

the 5 tables on the T-side with no labeling is odd, even with tables that i have no clue what their function is, i at least label them with their location.

not sure what you're seeing with the highway fuel table, I'm able to change the value anywhere in the 0-25.5 range?

manual trans stuff, there are a few items here that need addressed, as long as the couple bits and scalars are played with, it should do okay there.

the O2 sensors are acting like a FWD application(only right/rear is active), there are a few more bits that control that, it looks like even with an O2 sensor connected(try swapping connectors/circuits to see if it still happens?) to the front/left circuit, the left/front trim goes nuts(though with a FWD application, that trim is ignored).

the VE table is a VE table, but I can't make any scale work for it that makes sense. GM's choice to make it a 16-bit table and then still only use less than 2% of the table's possible resolution is baffling.
    Last edited by RobertISaar; 11-29-2016 at 09:20 PM.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    No problem. I've got another (longer) log that has NO stream corruption...until I shut the engine off mid-log and restart it. Then the corruption comes back.

I tried some stream corruption advice from the tunerpro/moates websites and none of it helped, so I put it back exactly the way it was. Now it connects but still usually has the corruption problems. Rarely (1 connection in 12) I'll get a corruption free connection.

The connection hardware is an FTDI (real FTDI) USB to pigtail interface, tied to a chinabay ALDL connector. I followed the construction article here on GearheadEFI. It's connected to 12-15 F-body and L-body ECU's via my bench flash harness. I have "A few" ecu's spare incase I break or brick one...Plus I've used Scan94/95 on several V6 Fbody's for friends. With Scan94/95 and Winflash I've had no issues with connection problems so far.

Here's the BIN, ADX, and XDF I'm using.

Fuel Injected!
    The highway fuel table is all fine-except the 100kpA row...it's locked at 0 for me. All the other rows work.

I've got to get the clutch switch fitted to my clutch pedal and figure out if it's active-high or active low, but I can't even find a flag/scalar/table that mentions it's use, only methods that don't require the switch such as RPM/load/MPH. Maybe it's one of the unmarked ones, I should be able to work it out.

In the meantime instead of tuning today, I started reassembling the dash and worked on getting some body panels aligned better, and took some measurements for the exhaust work. I'd like to get a muffler on it prior to boosting things...just been running with the boost bypass wide open.

Hopefully the potentially excessive spark advance (it's not too bad, really) didn't pop a headgasket and cause the water leak. Although that is the easier fix, I guess...change a headgasket or replace the freeze plug behind the flywheel while it's in the truck...either is great fun.

Fuel Injected!
    Still working on learning tunerpro. Lots of stuff I can't find documentation I feel like I am missing.

In other news, the exhaust fitting is going well and the wideband sensor will be right to the back of the cab, so easy to fit and unfit when needed.

Fuel Injected!
    Any luck working out the MAP sensor issues? I'm itchin' to drive my truck home, it'd be much easier to work on at the home shop instead of the combustion laboratory.

Fuel Injected!
    Exhaust is finished up to the muffler, all O2 sensors in place and all the gaskets fitted, so the exhaust is all sealed up. Airbox is fitted, now I can get the intake tube finished up, and the boost control actuator is mounted and has the full range of motion it needs.

Engine bay is pretty much finished, I have the big vacuum block connector under the dash left to plug in and need to re-route the fuel pump control wiring so I can fit the hood latch cable grommet in place.

Need to weld up a hole in the floor under the seat, and scrub the floor down to lay in the dynamatt and new carpet. After all that, it's down to reassemble the dash plastics with the new stereo and I am realizing this very second I should have changed the dash speakers out prior to installing the dash...