Quote Originally Posted by dnarby View Post
Hi 89S10_Project,

The fan is a Volvo, and I've got it mostly sorted. 30A is fine for each speed (I used an inline fuse holder to test it, it didn't blow a 30A, so should be fine). I'm using a Haynes temperature sensor to run one relay, and will use a switch to run the other. This way if it gets too hot or the Haynes unit fails, I can flip a switch.
Be advised- I've been modifying vehicles for quite some time, and the Haynes thermocontroller units are known to be not very dependable. I'd keep a close eye on things, or if you're more inclined to build it and forget it, go with the SPAL- they're relatively inexpensive as well (though you will need to work in a sense mechanism- I like the BMW dual-zone temp switches, personally).

Quote Originally Posted by dnarby View Post
It's a fun car to drive, gobs of torque compared to a regular Volvo wagon. Sounds good when you punch it from a standing start too...
Don't I know it! My truck still isn't tuned completely, but I have plenty of torque down low, right where it's needed. Plus, as you mentioned, there's that growl/howl as you get on it from low RPMs- very much akin to one of those old car chase movies. I'm actually curious what it is that makes that sound- I'd always heard it was the secondaries kicking in on a carb'd engine, but pretty sure we don't have secondaries in a TBI. Regardless, I love it!