Thread: Uber-easy DIY USB ALDL Cable

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by schlicky13 View Post
    https://youtu.be/g85ubveHrVE

Apparently I can't upload files so the datamaster logs will have to be uploaded elsewhere and then I can link them. But this quick vid will show what I was trying to explain. At least with datamaster I can get it to connect to the car and capture data, but it keeps dropping out, and I think a bunch of the data is just wonky anyways. I'll work on figuring out where to upload my recorded datalog sessions later. BTW if you notice it, ignore where it says Y-car, that was my bad. I could have sworn I switched that before I started, but apparently not. After attempting to log data a few times I noticed it, switched it to B-car and still had the exact same results. And I doubt that would have affected anything too seriously since they are the same PCM and very similar programming.

If you need a diode I can mail one...just replace it when you have the chance. I also have the diode/resistor (soldered together) that I removed from my old Red River cable you can have...Just PM your mailing address....

In the meantime...anti virus, screen saver etc on your laptop kicking you off?

Ed
    Last edited by EDZIP; 03-08-2016 at 06:30 AM.