Page 70 of 76 FirstFirst ... 20606566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1129

Thread: ALDLdroid

Carb and Points!
    Hi,

I have a 1995 Caprice and have used this app for a couple of days. First I must say Thank You for creating this great app!

I have tried several adx-files. The latest is attached. It's a v 3.8 $EE which I found online, but I added a new feature as someone here suggested; now it gets both engine and trans data by switching between the two all the time. Earlier it would only fetch engine data (I added the macro "transmitdatama" and called it in
    <monitorcmd>).

Now the monitoring works like a charm, but I have two minor problems considering the data logging. I already e-mailed these same things to the author, but decided to write here too, since there probably would be people with the same ecu.

First, the datalog always has an additional column in data, but not in headers (see the attachment), which offsets all data series after it by one. So if I want to see for example rpm, I must choose the item after it in data series. The easiest way around this is to edit the log file and write an additional zero at the beginning, so there just appears "none" as a first item in data series, and everything else works.

The other problem is that there are very many items that give "Ok" or "big power" etc instead of any numeral value, and I can't get any of these to show when looking at the logs. I tried to edit those in adx to get 0 or 1(not in the attached one), but then the app says there was error parsing the adx, AND for some reason the datalog still gets those text strings. What to do for those?

Thank you!

Edit: couldn't upload the log file..
    Last edited by andy caprice; 08-22-2015 at 11:01 AM.

Carb and Points!
    Another thing I've been wondering about...
    I have aldl-usb cable and usb - micro usb otg cable to connect my phone. Is it possible to download bin from the car's ecu, edit it and upload it back without any additional equipment? Seems like this app can't do this.. why not? Is there some technical challenges to do it? Or is this feature there but I just haven' figured it out?

Fuel Injected!
    Hi Andy,

Sorry for the delay, I saw you sent me an email and on the forum here, I saw both and somehow replied to none I believe (Can't find any reply to email).

Have you been able to figure out at which column exactly the header start to be offset by 1 ? Maybe we can identify the column causing problem and have a better idea of what could be causing this.

What do you mean by "cannot get them to show when looking at the log" ? Where are you looking at the log ?

You need additional hardware for the tuning side of thing. Sometime some things just cannot be done 100% in software, Moates wouldn't have developed all that tuning hardware if the tuning software would be able to do everything without it:)
    ALDLdroid author, Android application for ALDL ECU
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roux.aldldroid

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Carb and Points!
    No need to apologize. It's cool that you actually read these and response!

The CSV looks like this:

Time,=== ENGINE DATA ===,Cylinder ID,Desired Idle Speed,Engine Speed .... etc

0,336,0,46.0,662.5,675.0 ..... etc

0,737,0,46.0,662.5,675.0 .... etc

1,131,0,46.0,662.5,675.0 .... etc

So first column is time as it should. Desired idle speed is set off. I'm not sure what engine data and cylinder id should look like... but the third column of values is all zeros. I'm pretty new with ADX-files and could not find what does this...

I mean when I choose to view a data log ("manage data logs" -> choose one log file -> "view"). It seems to me, that when choosing in data series for example power enrich mode, which is either "OFF" or "BIG POWER" in the csv-log file, I can see only "0.0" all the time when viewing the graph.

LT1 B-body ECU has the bin -file on flash memory, and can be flashed with just software. I've done this using an older laptop. I have Datamaster on it to datalog, and TunerCATS to edit and flash the bin -files to ecu. I think there is also some other program that can flash the bin from PC. But my laptop is big and has a broken screen... It would be very cool to be able to make some changes to bin and flash from my android phone instead... Of course I understand that it's not included in your software, just wasn't sure if it was.

Fuel Injected!
    I'm not 100% sure what's going on but I believe if you remove ENGINE DATA (which seems useless anyway), it might "fix" the issue.

Yeah the datalog viewer should probably filter out the bitmask fields from the available fields to be displayed. I'm not sure how they could be displayed properly otherwise, non-numeric values don't really belong in that log viewer.

I would need some documentation to understand how it works. I've more targeted people using the Moates hardware with the current app version but more could be added assuming I can have some documentation to help the implementation.

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Carb and Points!
    Ok, I'll try that and see what happens.

Is there some easy way I could change this:
    <ADXBITMASK id="SW14" idhash="0xAF3DE5B9" title="Power Enrich Mode">
    <flags>0x00000004</flags>
    <parentcmdidhash>0xE6B79C55</parentcmdidhash>
    <truestring>BIG POWER</truestring>
    <falsestring>OFF</falsestring>
    <ALARMONSET color="0x000000FF" />
    <ALARMONNOTSET color="0x0000FF00" />
    <packetoffset>0x0D</packetoffset>
    <operand>0x00000001</operand>
    <bitop>AND</bitop>
    <result>0x00000001</result>
    </ADXBITMASK>
    ...to get me number 0 or 1 instead of BIG POWER or OFF?

Fuel Injected!
    just replace truestring and falsstring like so:

<truestring>1</truestring>
    <falsestring>0</falsestring>

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Fuel Injected!
    So it's been some time since I've updated this thread. I bought a house and spend a lot of time doing all kind of work to it for a few months (while not being even moved in) and finally moved in mid October. If anybody care, pictures of the garage revamp are available there: http://www.v6z24.com/jbodyforum/view...5.html#1525505

Anyway, during that time, I've done close to nothing to the app but development is started back up now. I got contacted by a BMW guy last week to add some support for more advanced features of XDF files to be able to edit BIN file of newer BMW. Feature are mainly the major/minor stride bits thing and using table axis labels from the BIN file, both of which weren't supported before. I added support for that and pushed an update this week. I don't think there is any GM application that requires that (at least probably not OBD-I) but it's good to know most XDF features are supported now.

Before that guy contacted me, I was actually working on OBD-II support. This is about 95% done now. The idea is the app uses the same special ADX file as TunerPro for OBD-II communication. I wanted to replicate what the OBD-II plugin of TunerPro is doing pretty much. I wanted to make it a bit more seamless tho so you don't have to select anything other than the OBD-II adx file and everything will just magically works. OBD-II supports will only work over Bluetooth for now but I do have an ELM327 wifi adapter coming so I plan to support that as well. Possibly eventually USB prolific chip at some point too, but I'm not looking forward to work with the Prolific driver again :)

Here is a shit picture of the app talking to an ELM327 adapter in my beater 01 GAGT. It's also working with my OBD-II simulator.

If somebody has a better ADX file for OBD-II (with generic PIDs only) than what Mark is providing that I could package in the app, please attach it in this thread :)

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Fuel Injected!
    of the people in this thread, who has this set up on a permanently installed tablet, with a micro usb splitter working with a charger and an obd adapter at the same time?

What device and ROM are you using?

Thanks
    1995 Chevy C2500 Suburban 5.7 4L80-E, 16197427, BNKM, $31

Hooker Long Tubes headers, dual 2.25" exhuast, mufflers. TBI mods, Moates APU1, TunerProRT, CAI, 4 core radiator

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufdog View Post
    of the people in this thread, who has this set up on a permanently installed tablet, with a micro usb splitter working with a charger and an obd adapter at the same time?

Thanks
    that would be nice to now, when I run ALDLDroid my battery gets sucked right down. hooking up external power wile data logging with USB cable would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrufdog View Post

Thanks
    I use a 2013 nexus 7 running the factory ROM with Timur's kernel

The kernel is what makes the difference
    97z28 A4 obd1 swap(16188051)
    Tunerpro Newbie

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by nmarkus View Post
    I apologize to 3400tZ . operator error in tuning section. looks better the more I learn.
    Although I hope bluetooth support in tuning and emulation will be in the future. Thanks
    this is just a follow-up from the above post. I realize I am a rare user with a bluetooth modified ostrich2, so I was curious if you are aware of a addon or patch program that would assist ALDLDROID in connecting with my modified ostrich2. using s10 TBI on 1951 Studebaker ,thanks

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by nmarkus View Post
    this is just a follow-up from the above post. I realize I am a rare user with a bluetooth modified ostrich2, so I was curious if you are aware of a addon or patch program that would assist ALDLDROID in connecting with my modified ostrich2. using s10 TBI on 1951 Studebaker ,thanks
    Are you using this Bluetooth adapter by any chance: http://www.moates.net/neptunedemon-b...don-p-298.html ? That's the one I bought, I will have to figure out how to solder it to the AutoProm and/or Ostrich. If you have the same and could take a picture of inside your Ostrich, I wouldn't mind seeing how you've installed it. Otherwise I will email Craig I suppose. It's been way too long since I've ordered this (like 2 years ago ?!).

Adding Bluetooth support shouldn't be that bad but nobody else can do it, there is no concept of plugins in the app. Like you said, you're kind of a rare user. I don't even know if many people are actually using the Ostrich implementation at all. I secretly wish there is a lot because I spent a retarded amount of time working on it :D

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website

Fuel Injected!
    I'm having issues with play store.. why don't you setup a website dedicated to the software? Even add support forums? I am in the business to help do all that if you are interested, otherwise pm me your email so I can pay you via paypal for a copy.

Fuel Injected!
    Unfortunately, Google Play is the only place you can download the app right now. I have no interest in maintaining two sources of traffic. I'm technically a full time PHP developer so I know a thing or two about Web sites but I don't have any interest in building one for the app at this point. It might changes in the future, we'll see.

Like us on Facebook

Visit the app's Website