Quote Originally Posted by dispoejoe95 View Post
Another question...I'm trying to determine if I will need a fuel pump. When checking fuel pressure, does it matter where in line you hook up the gauge? I put the fitting in line right behind filter (between the filter & the tank)...it was the easiest place to gain access. To my surprise it was 18psi at idle with the regulator adjusted all the up. To the best of my knowledge this is the stock pump. I'm the 2nd owner and I've had this truck since 2001.
I prefer to check by the throttle body. But unless your filter is plugged you should be close. 18 psi with a stock spring makes me think the spring may be bottomed out. You'll need a stiffer spring for at least 22 psi with stock injectors for the vortec headed 350. I'd also recommend you upgrade to the EP377 fuel pump.

For tuning I'd recommend an emulator so you don't have to pull the ECM each time you burn a new tune to change chips. I use the Autoprom from www.moates.net. When I'm done tuning, I can burn a chip with the Autoprom, install the chip and remove the Autoprom from the truck.