Thread: EFI Dictionary

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nice job on cleaning things up and correcting mistakes!

As with everyone reading this, please keep suggestions coming!! If there is something you remember not understanding when you were a noob, post it up so we can add it.

Another one, we touched on a bit in one thread, is "delta". There are several parameters that have "delta" in them, I think a good defination of what that means would be helpfull. Seems I remember it refers to a "changing" reading or something like that.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Yeah what ever happened with Delta? I thought it was a change within a certain set of boundries?

There's a list of more simple terms here if anyone cares to expand on any, we will add them.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...-Abbreviations

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Yea, I am still a little grey on the defination. Thats why I would prefer someone who has a much better understanding of it write a good easy to understand defination.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Can we get this put into the list. The difference among Pulse Width, Base Pulse Width, and Base Pulse Constant.

Pulse Width = time injectors are open
    Base Pulse Width = a measure of time used in the ECM/PCM to calculate how long to open the injectors. Adders such as AE, PE, and injector voltage bias get added to the Base Pulse Width to arrive at the Pulse Width to be sent to the Injectors. Sometimes used to describe Pulse Width.
    Base Pulse Constant = A constant derived from a ratio of injector flow rate to cylinder volume.

Sorry, just something that drives me crazy, using a time related term to describe a constant we set in the ECM.
    1978 Camaro Type LT, 383, Dual TBI, '7427, 4L80E
    1981 Camaro Z-28 Clone, T-Tops, 350/TH350
    1981 Camaro Berlinetta, V-6, 3spd
    1974 Chevy/GMC Truck, '90 TBI 350, '7427, TH350, NP203, 6" lift, 35s

Of course we can!

I found a couple more I have too so since we have a TTT I'll wait a day to update in case we get more input!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Carb and Points!
    Thanks for this, a first class job that brought me here through a search. Well done!

Carb and Points!
    Delta usually means a difference in pressures measured across a known orifice. Can be used to caluate flow, like EGR differential pressure sensor on a diesel. Can also be just a pressure difference .

Carb and Points!
    Hi All. Newby question, but I have searched with no joy.
    Wanting a definition for % A SPARK.
    Think I'm in the right place, it's a TunerPro thing, and I'm after a definition.
    From what I'm seeing, it's related to knock and timing advance, but % of what, and what's the 'A'?
    Please delete in inappropriate, or wrong place. Or just put in a definition, and delete my waffle.
    Thanks in advance
    G

Administrator
    Someone has likely abbreviated another word to get A. Which xdf are you using?

Carb and Points!
    Cheers 1P2M, XDF is Aussie Holden LS1 12225074
    I'm playing with it on stock LS1 prior to dropping in stroker Eaton M122 combo.
    I've attached log showing %ASPARK changing with knock, as does timing, on a stock bin with PE AFR modded and added 2 degrees spark.
    Off topic, but I'm also wondering how I have 12:1 AFR, but O2 sensors still read stochiometric.
    Main bit of interest is in 3rd gear WOT run at 37 to 47 seconds. ADX: LS1 DSKW v1.02
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mr Weston; 07-30-2020 at 02:49 AM.

Love this thread! Along with the abbreviations thread referenced here, it'll save noobs like me hours of random reading and googling. (Don't ask how I know) :-) I particularly liked the VE entry. I'll try to add what I can.

Delta: A mathematical term referring to the difference between two readings such as ambient air pressure vs manifold absolute pressure, or the reading between the first and second O2 sensor. Or the difference between coolant temperature at two points in the flow circuit. The quantitative value of the difference is used in calculations the ECM or PCM uses to optimize the setting of another component or calculation.
    94 GM K3500 W/4L80e resurrection project, Since it has more rust on top of the cab than it has underneath, I think it's worth it!
    There's a 16197427 BJKW tucked under the glove box that I'm trying to talk to.