Thread: My $59 problems/tuning a turbo camaro

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I really can't comment on the video. I will say, I wish there were sunny skies were I live. I haven't seen the sun in almost a week, I'm jealous!
    dave w

25 chips, 2 1/2 hours to add fuel... would be 20 minutes work with my AutoProm!

1 degree pulled from timing is nothing. FLOOR IT!

White plugs? That's lean, tan is better, black is rich...

I think your doing great, why sound so discouraged? Plus you have sunshine! I remember sunshine...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    25 chips, 2 1/2 hours to add fuel... would be 20 minutes work with my AutoProm!

1 degree pulled from timing is nothing. FLOOR IT!

White plugs? That's lean, tan is better, black is rich...
    I think your doing great, why sound so discouraged? Plus you have sunshine! I remember sunshine...
    Ok i just didnt know what amount of knock is starting to kill the car on those pulls. The plugs are a little tan, not completly white. I take them out every here and again just to make sure the computer is right. (its a true reality check, plugs dont lie)

Im just trying my best to tune this car with the stuff i have. It takes so long to get it right. Im so broke from all that turbo stuff that I cant afford a emulator right now.

BUT as long as I can make a 14 second pass in a few months at the track and its a nice driver on the streets ill be so happy!!

Does it look faster on those videos???? Im not sure if you ever saw what It was like before the turbo but id say it was a mid 16'second car, and before the cam and heads it was a high 16second car.
    Turbo 3.1/3100 V6 Thirdgen Camaro
    Best 1/4 mile 11.59@119Mph 15psi

You may be able to keep up to my HUGE White WoodGrain Station Wagon now?

But that is just DataMaster 1/4 mile time @ 14.54 and I am shifting into third gear in the traps... will get real time this spring!

But not if I change out the 2:92 gears for 4:11... and I can seat 9!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    You may be able to keep up to my HUGE White WoodGrain Station Wagon now?

But that is just DataMaster 1/4 mile time @ 14.54 and I am shifting into third gear in the traps... will get real time this spring!

But not if I change out the 2:92 gears for 4:11... and I can seat 9!
    I better be able to make a 14 second pass... or im taking the turbo off..Just kidding!

I just wish i could figure out a faster way to tune the SA and VE tables.... AFR tuning should be easier then the blm.....

hey if that dont work out then I got a little blue bottle laying here that says it will make it go some sub 15 sec passes lol...now for being serious with that boost be carefule an excessively rich condition will blow off the upper ring land, oh and so will 175 shot on a stock honda or for that matter a 250 shot on a stock mustang, and well I could go for days at the crap I have grenaded lol
    Wise man once said,better to stay silent and let others assume your and idiot than to open your mouth and prove it........and yes im an idiot lol

Quote Originally Posted by droptopstng View Post
    hey if that dont work out then I got a little blue bottle laying here that says it will make it go some sub 15 sec passes lol...now for being serious with that boost be carefule an excessively rich condition will blow off the upper ring land, oh and so will 175 shot on a stock honda or for that matter a 250 shot on a stock mustang, and well I could go for days at the crap I have grenaded lol
    No n20, i had a mustang before and the nitrous made me broke at 4$ a lbs. Turbo is cheeper. I know ill get into the 14 or even 13's when i can tune at the track. I have no doubt of that. It is just taking me a long time to get it right.

Here a log from earlier. Laugh it up because it took me 3 hours to have the balls to do that much boost. and that much throttle.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I really can't comment on the video. I will say, I wish there were sunny skies were I live. I haven't seen the sun in almost a week, I'm jealous!

dave w
    This is a weird winter in ohio. Spring will be here soon though.