Thread: GM Distributor with Cam sensor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator
    Yep... "double pulses" is not the way to go. The original 60 deg V6 DIS wheel looks like the one Six_Shooter posted previously.

It turns at crank speed where the distributor turns at 1/2 crank speed, so you'd have to make a wheel with 14 notches instead of 7 and they'd have to be mirror images of each other. Here's a good description under "Magnetic CKP." https://books.google.com/books?id=0S...0notch&f=false

Fuel Injected!
    14 signals on the dizzy is what I was trying to accomplish. Seems easier than swapping cranks. But then again, 15 minutes to swap out a balancer sounds easy too. Dang! Thought i was on to something!
    Sooo......what you're trying to say is... there's a reason it hasn't been done. ;)

Administrator
    I think it may have been tried once back in the day. There were some old posts from a guy "tedscj" on diy-efi. IIRC he was trying to use a GM ecm on a Jag engine. I believe he made a distributor with a double notched wheel. Back then we didn't know enough to make it work properly but he gave a a dang good try.

I built a wheel and adapter for DIS on my Toyota engine. I put mine in front of the pulleys. I have to remove the sensor to change the belts but it's not a big deal.