Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: $OD A/E Help

Fuel Injected!
    Well I set it as the directions say and I'm getting data into the computer and at the gauge. When I give it gas, it goes lean... Should I change to 10 & 20 AFR?

Fuel Injected!
    So I did another data log and even after I added fuel to A/E vs TPS and A/E vs MAP I'm still not going rich. What I am I doing wrong. I will attach my last log export and my Bin. Also, my Fuel Pressure is showing 29 lbs all the time. With the pressure up they should be running 65lbs/hr. I'm not sure where to go from here so your input is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Fuel Injected!
    So I drove around today and noticed that when I step on it enough to get into A/E my WBO2 goes rich for a millisecond then goes lean again and stays there. I thought that the A/E vs MAP was supposed to take over for another 2.5 seconds. I'm not sure what the crap I'm doing wrong but something is not jiving here. I've been searching for articles that could possibly help me but nothing that I have seen has actually solved the issue that I am having. I'm here on bended knee praying to the EFI Gods that one of them will take mercy on my pathetic soul and help me out here. By the looks of it there are several people that are also interested in how this thread is going.

I am limited on time to do an analysis of the wbo2 log.xls posted above. I used the sort feature, see attached screen shot and attached .xls file, which for me is a better organized way of looking at AE Active.

Overall, the AE Active AFR's are slightly lean.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I am limited on time to do an analysis of the wbo2 log.xls posted above. I used the sort feature, see attached screen shot and attached .xls file, which for me is a better organized way of looking at AE Active.

Overall, the AE Active AFR's are slightly lean.

dave w
    How would I go about richening this up?

Quote Originally Posted by Rally Smith View Post
    How would I go about richening this up?
    I think you have identified the correct parameters to increase AE. The attached screen shot shows some differences between your AE parameters and the AE parameters of an Alternate .bin file (which seen to be working nicely). Maybe try the parameters in the Alternate bin file. Maybe you need more AE in the parameters with negative numbers? Maybe you need less AE in the parameters with positive numbers?

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks Dave, I will give that a shot and see what happens. I'll report back.

Why are there any negative numbers in AE? AE supposed to add fuel, not take it away.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    I have no idea about the negative numbers.

I plugged in the numbers supplied by Dave and I still do not get a continuous Rich AFR for 2-3 seconds. It might go to 11-12 AFR for a split second then go lean (15-16) or so until I let up on throttle and even back out. It then just toggles between 14.5 - 15.3 AFR. I'm wondering if I don't have something else set wrong... Thank you guys so much for the feed back!

It seems to me like your VE table may not be correct and/or you don't actually have enough fuel supply for the engine.

Fuel pressure test under load?
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    It seems to me like your VE table may not be correct and/or you don't actually have enough fuel supply for the engine.

Fuel pressure test under load?
    It's set at 14.25. When I rev the engine it stays the same.

Fuel Injected!
    Ok, so here is a pic of the VE table and data log with it. My injectors are 61 lb/hr at 13 psi. I sent them in to Witch Hunter Performance to be cleaned and flow checked.
    I tested them installed and they are getting 14.25 psi which makes them 65 lb/hr injectors. I made the adjustment in the Bin at the TBI Injector lb/hr field. So that should be correct. I know the VE table looks funky. I didn't like the way it looked but how do you argue with the results.

Free rev and under load are two very different things.

Also are you sure you have no exhaust leaks?

Why are there any negative numbers in AE? AE supposed to add fuel, not take it away.
    I used the compare function to compare the difference between a known good AE table vs. the AE table in the posted .bin. The numbers are negative, because the posted .bin has less AE than the known good AE table.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Free rev and under load are two very different things.

Also are you sure you have no exhaust leaks?
    I will have to do some McGyvering to see the Fuel Pressure while driving. I'm pretty sure I have no leaks. I checked the headers and have no leaks that I have detected.