Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: $OD A/E Help

Quote Originally Posted by Rally Smith View Post
    Okay, while I was staring at the ceiling last night, I realized that in order to keep it in when I pull my auto prom, I will have to wire the WBO2 into the ECM then. Great! how the F*&K am I going to do that now? I guess "we" can cross that bridge when I/we get there...
    Quote Originally Posted by BLG355 View Post
    I too am going to attempt this. I read earlier that someone tied it in on the EGR voltage part of the ECM, which is what I am thinking of. I will see if i can find the thread and link it.

BLG
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    The picture below is the WBO2 data logging procedure, from TunerPro RT.

dave w
    If I remember correctly (getting old and it was a few years ago I set this up on mine) that I had to configure the MTX-L 5v analog output to match tuner pro along with the bin mods. the mtx-L reads 9:1~22:1 AFR so it was skewing the numbers in the datalog.
    87 4Runner, 15" spring lift, 3" body, chevy vortec 355, 5.29 gears, 38.5x15.5x15" Boggers, 280hr, 16168625 running $0D
    93 S10, 36x12.5x15 TSL's, custom turbo headers, 266HR cam, p&p vortec heads, $0D Marine MPFI with 8psi boost.
    05 Silverado, 2' lift, 4" exhaust, Bully Dog programmer,

Quote Originally Posted by PJG1173 View Post
    If I remember correctly (getting old and it was a few years ago I set this up on mine) that I had to configure the MTX-L 5v analog output to match tuner pro along with the bin mods. the mtx-L reads 9:1~22:1 AFR so it was skewing the numbers in the datalog.
    That is correct, the MTX-L and all other WBO2's available will need to be configured so that ZERO volts = 10 AFR and FIVE volts = 20 AFR.

The same information is listed in the TurnerPro RT WBO2 parameter. Double click on the WBO2 parameter, then press the F10 key to get the popup details for setting up WBO2 data logging.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Man, you guys are so helpful. Thanks a ton. I will do these and update afterwards.

RS

Fuel Injected!
    Alright, I don't think that I'm doing this correctly. I plugged in my cheap-o vac. gauge while the truck was running and tried messing with the timing table and emulator. I don't think that I have the emulator set up correctly because nothing happened when I changed the numbers and uploaded to the auto prom. Can some wonderful human being explain how a lowly rundown frustrated individual such as myself adjust the timing table using the vac. gauge?

And maybe the kind of numbers I could expect to see on a stock setup L05 with headers...

Thanks,

RS

Did you have the mask set to AA to disable the checksum and tunerpro in emulation?
    87 4Runner, 15" spring lift, 3" body, chevy vortec 355, 5.29 gears, 38.5x15.5x15" Boggers, 280hr, 16168625 running $0D
    93 S10, 36x12.5x15 TSL's, custom turbo headers, 266HR cam, p&p vortec heads, $0D Marine MPFI with 8psi boost.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by PJG1173 View Post
    Did you have the mask set to AA to disable the checksum and tunerpro in emulation?
    No, I just unplugged the auto prom and disconnected the battery for a bit. That worked.
    I have to get my wideband ordered this week!

Fuel Injected!
    O.k. got my MTX-L delivered last night. Now I get to find a sexy place to mount that baby. (That sounds kinda wrong) Anyway, I'm hoping to have this all done this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rally Smith View Post
    O.k. got my MTX-L delivered last night. Now I get to find a sexy place to mount that baby. (That sounds kinda wrong) Anyway, I'm hoping to have this all done this weekend.
    I always mount mine where I have the best view... ;-)

Fuel Injected!
    Could someone please tell me where to locate the B16 pin on my ECM plugs. I have a red and blue connector.

Thanks,

Fuel Injected!
    I think it is the last one on the bottom to the left.they are numbered and lettered I think red is a and b, blue is e an f.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by ony View Post
    I think it is the last one on the bottom to the left.they are numbered and lettered I think red is a and b, blue is e an f.
    Thank you! I will check that out. I'm hooking up my WBO2 tomorrow and have all next week off to tune!
    So if I run into any issues I'll be back!

Thanks again for the help.

Fuel Injected!
    Ok, need help already. Where do I go to adjust the WBO2 parameters for the data stream? I read where it is currently set up as 0v=10 to 5v=20afr. My new Innovate MTX-L says that it is 0v=7.35afr to 5v=22.39afr. Where do I go into and change this? Step by Step cuz I'm dumb! Where do I need to look for the WBO2 info in the data stream after data logging? Thank you in advance...

I am anxiously waiting a reply.

Fuel Injected!
    Ok, I slept on it and remembered how to go in and change the definition. So I got that done. I'm getting the bung installed tomorrow. Question on that though. It says 24" after exhaust port (after collector)... so measure 24" from head and just make sure it's beyond the collector or 24" from collector

Thanks,

Administrator
    24" from the head as measured along the pipes. If you have a well designed set of headers all the pipes will be the same length. An inexpensive set will have unequal length pipes. I'd use the longest pipe to measure.

It seems best to adjust the Innovate parameters to be 10 AFR = 0V and 20 AFR = 5V. From what I've read anything lower than 10.2 or so AFR using consumer grade WBO2 sensors is a guess at best anyway.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.