Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VSS signal converter

Great work! There are a lot of issues that can seem to come up in the conversions. This thread can hopefully give people some ideas on how to overcome signal differences. I like your idea on the low pass and op amp to get your signal up to something useable at low speed.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks! I wish I knew more about the MAX circuit you made. I only have very few tricks up my sleeves when it comes to crcuits. Maybe tomorrow I'll wiki the MAX circuits.

Carb and Points!

VSS ACDELCO Part # 15547452

I'm brand new to this, so sorry if I should have started a new posting or something. I came to this thread by way of another one. I'm trying to find out what kind of signal is generated by a vss ACDELCO Part # 15547452. I thought it was a hall effect, because when I waive a screwdriver past the tip, I can generate a 100mV signal. The guy from Auto Meter Products thought it was a "2-wire sine wave sensor", but with power to it, I don't read any signal on my multimeter, but that could be because I'm hooking things up wrong, I don't know. You guys seem to have tons of knowledge and expertice, so I'm hoping you can help. Thanks a lot.

Never mind. I got it working. Found a website with some info on the senders.
    http://newvintageusa.com/TECHNICAL-DATA-BOOK.pdf. The guy from Auto Meter Products was right. The sender I have IS a 2-wire sine wave sensor.
    Last edited by blaincellars; 05-09-2015 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Figured it out.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by blaincellars View Post
    I'm brand new to this, so sorry if I should have started a new posting or something. I came to this thread by way of another one. I'm trying to find out what kind of signal is generated by a vss ACDELCO Part # 15547452. I thought it was a hall effect, because when I waive a screwdriver past the tip, I can generate a 100mV signal. The guy from Auto Meter Products thought it was a "2-wire sine wave sensor", but with power to it, I don't read any signal on my multimeter, but that could be because I'm hooking things up wrong, I don't know. You guys seem to have tons of knowledge and expertice, so I'm hoping you can help. Thanks a lot.
    This depends on which VSS you are using. In the case of this thread, we are using the XJ VSS with the pass through speedo cable design. It generates a sine wave with 8 full periods per full turn of the sensor which varies in amplitude as the rotational speed of the sensor increases.