Thread: Back at it newbie tuning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    WOT should have Power Enrichment (PE) active, which will usually show the BLM's @128. I would look at the exported log file to see if PE is active at or near 100% TPS.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    A few issues im having is im lean at near idle app 900 rpm to 2000 at light throttle or decel .Mainly decel in second gear or higher .My blms go up to 150 on decel if I blip throttle even slightly it goes back 128 or richer but will decell until I stop at 130 to 150 .
    When I try to raise near idle ve or off idle ve it goes leaner .Everything I have tried to get this lean spot to richen up hasn't worked .

Another issue I had was I seen with vortec tbi the adx responds well to initial timing set to 10 degrees for easier starting so I reset it from 0 to 10 and edited the adx but it is going closed loop in park when hot and it never did that prior .
    It still stays closed loop at wot,
    but when I put it in park at idle it will go open loop hot .I cant figure out why it doesn't go to open loop at WOT.
    I can get the rich to go richer and leaner but the lean near idle and decel I just cant get a handle on .Would my aggressive timing table keep it lean no matter how much fuel I throw at it ?

I haven't figured out how to remove the pe /ae from export log yet .[Rookie]
    Last edited by zuk1972; 04-05-2015 at 04:28 AM.

There is a PE delay and a few qualifiers that have to be met before PE will become active. The delay is set high by default. Attached is a screenshot. Lower it to one or two seconds and it will probably show PE in the log.
    Brian

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by sturgillbd View Post
    There is a PE delay and a few qualifiers that have to be met before PE will become active. The delay is set high by default. Attached is a screenshot. Lower it to one or two seconds and it will probably show PE in the log.
    Brian
    Thanks for your help ,there's no screen shot though.

I apologize. Here goes...

Fuel Injected!
    I am back at it again .I lowered the delay time like you showed to 15. it seemed to like it at WOT .
    I am still having a real lean condition when I lift off accelerator at speed .Then it also is lean just off idle .
    I have tried to increase both ve tables at off idle / near but it makes the lean condition leaner not richer .If I try to adjust the whole ve off idle leaner since it's rich everywhere else it gets leaner everywhere but especially at closed throttle at speed.
    Attached datalog below.I realize it is rich in many places but im trying to solve the lean condition first .ANY IDEAS? Thank you
    Last edited by zuk1972; 05-02-2015 at 06:17 AM.

I didn't mean to lower it to 15. In the previous post where I left off the attachment, I stated to lower it to one or two seconds. The screenshot was just showing the parameter location. Think about this, you push accelerator down while going uphill with a load on engine (vehicle pulling a trailer). Do you want to wait 15 seconds for PE to become active? There are other parameters for PE in the bin. If you select parameter category view in Tunerpro, it groups parameters together. Mouse over a parameter and some tips on use will show. See screenshot. There are parameters for bypassing the PE delay also

It will be late this eve or tomorrow after work before I will get a chance to look at your log. It will help if you post your bin.