Thread: tbichips.com (Brian Harris). Useful or Not?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Seems a touch on the high side for price, considering it's supposed to be a 350 Memcal and you don't have to waste time searching a salvage yard to pull one from, it's still a fair price.

dave w
    Making progress, ordered my Ostrich 2.0, and G1 adapter, then after work I found this at Pick N Pull today for $28, with a 6 month warranty.

That seems to be very good deal. The BJYK Memcal, based on the information available to me, is from a 1995 5.7 Liter / Automatic Trans.

dave w

I was not looking forward to repining my stock wiring harness for the 427 PCM, so instead I made an adapter with the plug from my old ECM. If anyone sees a reason this won't work, let me know. The only question I have is in regards to Pins E14 (MAP Reference/5 volt Ref) and F14 (TP Reference/5 volt Ref) which according to the pin out spreadsheet both go to Pin C14. There aren't any notes about it and the chart with color codes shows pin C14 going to pin E14 only, it doesn't mention F14. I soldered both wires to pin C14, am I going to fry something by doing this?

Fuel Injected!
    I think there are a few of us that have made similar adapters with good results. I've got E14 to C14 and nothing to F14. I don't think you'll fry anything hooking up both, but there's not a need to.
    1973 K-5 Blazer, TBI 350, TH400, 1 ton axles & 38" SSRs'
    1975 280Z, TBI 350, 700R4
    1953 M-38A1, TBI Buick 231
    1951 Ford Panel, 5.3 with 4L80E

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanofMostTrades View Post
    Making progress, ordered my Ostrich 2.0, and G1 adapter, then after work I found this at Pick N Pull today for $28, with a 6 month warranty.
    Your Pick-n-Pull has much better deals than the ones I go to! That would be around $60 out the door with a 30 day warranty around here.
    1973 K-5 Blazer, TBI 350, TH400, 1 ton axles & 38" SSRs'
    1975 280Z, TBI 350, 700R4
    1953 M-38A1, TBI Buick 231
    1951 Ford Panel, 5.3 with 4L80E

Quote Originally Posted by fastacton View Post
    Your Pick-n-Pull has much better deals than the ones I go to! That would be around $60 out the door with a 30 day warranty around here.
    I believe she rang it up wrong, then she saw the wiring after I had paid and said, "Oh well". And the 6 month warranty kinda blew my mind, so I was very excited to get it out the door for $28, plus it looks perfect inside with no signs of corrosion. If F14 is not needed, I will disconnect it just to be safe, thank you.

Adapters are a good way to go, at least for testing and proofing. I've made several adapters over the years for various applications. '7747 to '7730/7749, '7148 to '7730/'7749, '7730/'7749 to '7165 and a couple others. I'll be making a couple more this summer to go between the current harness and a couple aftermarket ECMs.

I'm pretty sure there's another thread (or two) floating around with other people's adapter harnesses, but here is one I started, that shows the use of some DB computer connector pins that works far better than soldering the wire straight to the pin of the donor connector. http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ne-or-started&

--==EDIT==-- Here's another thread: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...apter-harness&
    Last edited by Six_Shooter; 02-28-2015 at 11:43 PM.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Ok guys, I've been hard at work getting this motor ready, trying to weed out every problem I can before installing it. As of last night it is in the truck and almost ready to go. I'm now in need of a starter bin to go on my Ostrich 2.0. Here is my setup:

96-2000 4 bolt main vortec longblock bone stock.
    Edelbrock performer RPM vortec intake. No egr.
    Stock 350 tbi with the ultimate tbi mods, and AFR.
    Stock injectors.
    Upgraded fuel pump.
    long tube headers, 1.5"prime to 2.5" collector. O2 in collector. True dual 2.5" exhaust no cats.
    700r4 transmission and transfer case (4x4).
    Running a 427 pcm from a 95 350 auto truck.(my truck is an '87)

My guess is it will make around 270-280HP. Does anyone have a similar build that would be willing to share they're bin? I'm new to tuning and would like to have a good starting point.
    Thanks in advance.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanofMostTrades View Post
    Ok guys, I've been hard at work getting this motor ready, trying to weed out every problem I can before installing it. As of last night it is in the truck and almost ready to go. I'm now in need of a starter bin to go on my Ostrich 2.0. Here is my setup:

96-2000 4 bolt main vortec longblock bone stock.
    Edelbrock performer RPM vortec intake. No egr.
    Stock 350 tbi with the ultimate tbi mods, and AFR.
    Stock injectors.
    Upgraded fuel pump.
    long tube headers, 1.5"prime to 2.5" collector. O2 in collector. True dual 2.5" exhaust no cats.
    700r4 transmission and transfer case (4x4).
    Running a 427 pcm from a 95 350 auto truck.(my truck is an '87)

My guess is it will make around 270-280HP. Does anyone have a similar build that would be willing to share they're bin? I'm new to tuning and would like to have a good starting point.
    Thanks in advance.
    I think you are under estimating the HP. Iys more like 300-310 hp. You are going to need either larger injectors or alot more fuel pressure. I have a decen bin file I could dig up but you will need to increase your injector flow before it will ever run right.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    I think you are under estimating the HP. Iys more like 300-310 hp. You are going to need either larger injectors or alot more fuel pressure. I have a decen bin file I could dig up but you will need to increase your injector flow before it will ever run right.
    So, where does the 40-50 extra HP come from? Is Chevy's rating of 260 HP just that far off? (I'm not challenging your knowledge, im just curious.) And how much fuel pressure will I need to run with my stock injectors? 18-20psi? Thank you, I would greatly appreciate that bin too.