Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EagleMark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    My prayers are with you and your family Mark!

Fuel Injected!
    All the best thoughts hopes for things to work out.

Electronic Ignition!
    Just heard, will keep you in my prayers.

Tom

Fuel Injected!
    Mark, praying for you. Sorry to hear the news. Thanks for this forum and all the hard work you've put into it!

Mark, praying for you and the doctors, get well

Mark,
    It just isn't the same around here when your not posting and replying. You have always been such a big part of this forum and it is not the same without you. I will continue to pray for you, your doctors and a speedy recovery.

Fuel Injected!
    Hey Mark, just wanted to say hi. Make sure you keep them Nurses in line, or I'll have to come down there and teach them how to do it. Sorry, I wont be as fun to look at, unless you are into 6'4" 250lb men with crew cuts and hairy backs.

Seriously though, if ever a physician or nurse talks over your head, or you dont understand something simply ask again. You have every right as a client to be treated with compassion, and to take as much time from their schedules as you need. They work for you. Most health professional are great, but some need to be taken down a notch.

I will share with you my most favourite physician/patient interaction.

I was working with a patient at their bedside with the curtain drawn. The male doctor comes to the door of the 4 bed ward room I was working in and knocks (at least he knocked) and said Mr. Soandso, its Dr. SoAndSo. I replied"We are in here and I will be finished in just a minute"
    Just then the physician pulls back the curtain walks through and starts talking quickly at a time when my patient was exposed and their concentration was elsewhere.
    The patient said" Just a second doc, as you can see I'm busy".
    The doctor seemed irritated, and continued to talk.
    I finished my procedure, cleaned up quickly, regowned and recovered my patient. And was gathering my things preparing to leave the bedside, when the patient says in the most clear and condescending voice voice:
    "OK sir, now that my excellent nurse has removed his fingers from my anus and has finished his excellent work, I can now
    have a conversation with you. Lets talk about education, I understand that you have a doctorate in medicine, and apparently you graduated with honours in being an asshole."

I literally had to bite the inside of my mouth as I pulled the curtain behind me as I left. It didnt help that the other 3 patients in the ward room were literally laughing out loud.

The patient was a Professor that works at a nearby University. He was also a doctor, he was a PhD having his doctorate in philosophy. Apparently his philosophy that day was to put that rude physician in his place.

Anyways I hope you never get a rude doctor like that one, but I hope the story brightened you day even for a second.

Mark best wishes to you and your family.

peace
    Paul

Fuel Injected!
    Mark, we've only emailed once or twice but my thoughts and prayers are with you. This year my wife almost drowned trying to save her friend that did drown. I have another young friend who has serious lung cancer (never smoked even) and an aunt who has brain cancer (but is in remission!)- and another good friend who has something like ALS (just diagnosed) and a mother in law with Parkinsons-- so life kinda sucks sometime and it has been a crappy year for many of us. I am ready for 2014 to go. Hang in there and fight hard. Know that people you don't even know are holding you in their thoughts and prayers. You are not alone. KV.

Fuel Injected!
    WOW! Really sorry to hear about your health problems Mark. Just found this board a week ago as I building a 1939 Chevrolet with a 97 LT1 in it. I think I picked it up from LS1LT1 forum. I see that STEVO is here and I've picked his brain a few times on LS1LT1. I hope you mend quickly Mark. Prayers go up for you for sure.

TERPNGATOR=TROPHYMAN

Fuel Injected!
    I noticed Mark had not been on much and started looking around. Somehow I missed this for 2 weeks. Sorry to hear the news. I hope you get to go home as mentioned, I know how much I dislike being in the hospital.

My best wishes for you Mark, we haven't met but I sincerely wish you a full recovery. My prayers for you and your family

Administrator
    Update:

I spoke with Mark last night. He's back at home and sounding better than the last time we spoke. Sounds like the Dr's think they got the cancer out so now it's a matter of waiting to see what comes back. He tells me he's starting to get some sensation back in his hand but he's not able to do any typing yet. He's also tired frequently which won't surprise anyone who's seen what battling cancer really involves. His up time is limited. He says thanks to everyone who's been posting and sending notes. He's got hope and he's looking forward to being able to post again.

Prayers and best wishes to a full and speedy recovery Mark.
    1995 Buick Riviera S/C

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Update:
    He's got hope and he's looking forward to being able to post again.

We're pulling for you Mark! Someone needs to keep us TBI guys in line :D
    94 Blazer, Turbo'd 350 TBI - DD
    1991 2500 Suburban Adventure truck - 4wd conversion, 4-link F/R, 582ci CNP Big Block with Terminator X EFI backed by a 6L90 and twin stick'd NP205 t-case
    2012 Porsche Panamera Turbo - Date night car :)
    1979 16' Action Marine/"Johnny Cash" Merc Bridgeport Champ Motor - Metalflake Maniac