Quote Originally Posted by dpilot83 View Post
What do you mean by your interchange? Another person I talked to who had me convinced he knew what he was talking about said that it should have the 8747 in it. Since both you and another person said it should have a 8747 in it, does that mean the page dave w and I linked to is not very complete? Thanks.
Interchange is a book that salvage yards use to find parts.

There's a possibility that any of the info pages are not complete, we do the best we can. It's been verified the ECM came in your truck so I don't think that is your issue. Grounds from ECM back to engine can always be an issue so check them on engine block, there's normally two sets of grounds, one near T stat housing and one on back of head or intake.

From your description of problems I really doubt you have an ECM issue. Since the ECM is not under hood and you've obviously got an overheating under hood issue. I think you mentioned an engine change? I'd be looking at fuel lines first from your symptoms? It sounds like the fuel is boiling, you know like old carb vapor lock. It happens to TBI as well. See that the fuel lines are routed properly as they run from TBI down the frame near the exhaust etc...