my thought is, are these ECMs going to be alright where atmospheric pressure is ~20kpa or whatever?

im no pilot, is that even a reasonable threshold? 10+km in the air does push you into that range, right?

personally, i'd be scared just to run all this ECM code at high altitudes where atmos. map goes to weird places a car would never go

wouldn't you lose a lot of VE resolution?

hell, this is probably a place the ecm has never been tested, would that low of an atmospheric pressure be clamped in the ECM, cause an error, and hit a default value that'll throw your AFR out to lunch?

might it just crash?...

you have to make damn sure your ecm is updating barometric pressure constantly -- an ecm with an external pressure sensor for atmospheric would be a great idea (not sure any GM ecms do that, but i know there are some out there? i've seen it in some foreign cars..)

a guy like robert or someone else familiar with disassembly could do a bit of an audit on the code you're using to make sure it wont hit some weird threshold like that, you know, dropping to whatever KPA doesnt throw a CEL and go into limp mode assuming you're at sea level.

i'd even throw someone like robert a bit of cash to do that auditing so it's less likely something goes sideways on your test runs if you're really going to use a gm ecm for it.

just throwing it out there, flying is one thing i haven't done.

this is definitely something i would attempt.

but if you do it, can you pleasepleaseplease build one of my raspberry pi dataloggers and build it into your airplane instrument panel, just for the hell of it?