Quote Originally Posted by Caleditor View Post
I have been known to install CNG kits and work on them from time to time. I am even a certified inspector. I love my CNG.
Local filling station is $1.58 GGE and it is 130 octane. The CNG does displace some of the volume of air entering the cylinders, but it is also about 17 to 1 AFR.

Take a look at the 2015 Impala CNG. the company the is building this car does it right, nit some patched together junk like the 2013 C2500 were.

Anyway back to the subject. The major automotive establishments want HIGH OCTANE. I think they have plans for high compression to make the engines more efficient.

Way back when I was doing my training at the tech college I think the optimum ratio was taught to us was around 15 to 1 compression ratio. Of course in a lab or on a dyno. I think the best RPM was around 2000. Now this is all very old information and information evolves, so I would guess that it is all out dated.

I sure would like to see 13+ to 1 compression ratio with good fuel and direct injection. I think it would help elevate the particulate issue with the direct injection engines. It looks like they are going to have to add particulate filters to gas engines
Hopefully adding particulate filters to a gasoline engine would not murder the efficiency of it.