Page 92 of 115 FirstFirst ... 42828788899091929394959697102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1723

Thread: Whatever!!!!!!!!! Gearhead-EFI Edition

How'd you like to buy an EFI system like this one? Most of the fun is over at 2 minutes... but later they find there is no vacuum port for power brakes or PCV valve too?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

:facepalm:

While it looks like there could be some QC issues with the intake, the biggest problem is that they are using a conventional SCB intake on heads that have Vortec style ports. That's NOT a QC problem with the intake, that's the idiot that's putting this together for not realizing what they have.

I wonder if there was an option for PCV/brake booster ports when ordering and they did not order it with?

They tried to run it without a fuel return? :facepalm:
    Last edited by Six_Shooter; 03-09-2014 at 10:44 AM.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

The aftermarket heads have dual bolt patterns, Vortec (8 Mounting Bolts) and Pre-Vortec (12 Mounting Bolts). The problem I see with the aftermarket heads, is the intake runners are High Port like the Vortec Heads. So basically Vortec heads with extra holes accept older SBC intakes.

dave w

That difference in heads is probably why that adapter plate was used? I can't believe they just half ass glued that adapter on? Then the installer found not only a gasket that would cover the intake runner holes but had the thickness needed for the difference at $20, after he bought adapters for $150?

I wonder how many guys ruined good or brand new engines from sucking in all those metal shavings? They were big and I'm sure get stuck in top ring area of piston... I'd be pissed if I bought something like that and found the issues like this guy did... but can you imagine ruining an engine too? Might not ever find out why or where metal shavings came from and re-install that intake on the new repaired motor?

If you read some comments he answered some and said he never got it to run right. The company (FAST?) who bought the rights to Inglese had apoligised and said they changed procedures and quality assurance... and asked if he would remove the video? He said no... but may sell them the rights to video to cover his time in R&D?

-= =-

Super Moderator
    yeah, i wouldn't be too happy about re-engineering something marketed as bolt-on to that degree..... let alone for the cost of it and the complete disregard for metal shavings in the vacuum plenum.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Super Moderator

I HATE PEOPLE!

Woke up this morning and go get in my grand cherokee to go do my weekly grocery shopping. After I start it up I just happen to look over at my wrangler and notice something odd. I see purple on it. I get out and go look. There is purple paint slung down the passenger side front fender, door and fender flares. There is some other goop on it that after using a stick to smell it is honey mustard sauce, and under and on the passenger door handle is a wite grease with no smell that I think is crisco. And oh yea, THERE IS A SOFTBALL SIZE ROUND CRACK IN MY WINDSHIELD!!
    I call the sherrif and while waiting on them to arrive I start looking around. The paint is finger nail polish, the lid is setting next to the jeep, I find the bottle several feet away in the driveway. We dont touch anything. There is also some writing with a finger on both doors with the nail polish but no clue what its supposed to say.
    Sherrif asks the normal questions, do I have any idea who did it, does anyone not like me, have a grudge. I have no clue who would have done it, my neighbors all seem to like me, no people I know of hate me, I tend to keep to myself and stay out of other peoples busniess. He dusts the bottle and lid for fingerprints with no luck, just a tiny bit of one on the lid, but not enough to pull and match.
    Pretty much other than doing the report, there is not much more he could do.
    Me and my girlfriend spent a couple hours this afternoon with some non acetone nail polish remover. I have gotten almost all of it off and it doesnt seem to be hurting the paint on the jeep. There is just a little left on the fender flares. Gotta call monday and get a price on a whindshield. And I really do not have the money to replace it right now.

Not a good day today.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

May be someone not happy with girlfreind as they did use nail polish...

Sorry, people suck...

-= =-

Super Moderator
    i'm told WD-40 does a good job of removing paint without causing damage to the finish underneath/around it.

Sometimes? Goo Gone seems to clean up all sorts of stuff...

-= =-

We will probably never know who or exactly why they did it.
    The non acetone remover got it off the paint. There is still a little bit left on a few spots on the plastic fender flares, and ther fender flares are discolored a bit from it and the polish remover. I have scrubbed the flares before in the past with some brillo pads and it helped get rid of some of the fading. I may try that and see how it does to bring the color back.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Administrator
    Theft and deliberate vandalism just suck.

You're lucky the Sheriff checked for prints. Years ago a camera was stolen out of my car. There were several roles of undeveloped film in the case that had pictures of the '57 pickup restoration. The thief opened the passenger door to go in and closed the door so easily that it didn't latch. I figured there would be prints on the door but the Sheriff wouldn't be bothered. "I'm only going to get your prints and your girlfriend's." Thanks!

Keep your ears open. You just might hear something. But don't park in the same place if you can help it. Or get a camera...

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Years ago a camera was stolen out of my car.

Keep your ears open. You just might hear something. But don't park in the same place if you can help it. Or get a camera...
    Camera sure didn't help you...

-= =-

Well, sad part is, is it was in my driveway right in front of my house. Also, I live in a trailer park, so there is really nowhere else to park.

I was thinking about a security camera. I could mount one on my front porch and should be able to get two of my 3 jeeps on it. Is there any way to wire it up to a desktop? Mine has a 1tb hdd that I will never be able to use even a fraction of. (I only got it because it came with it already installed) I was thinking, something that might be nice, is if there was a program that could record it, keep it stored for a couple days and then delete it. Is that even possiable?

Yeah that can be done, but usually it's a dedicated PC that does the recording.

Google "PC based security cameras" or something along those lines. I know there's set-ups that a local wholesaler sells that usually comes with 4 cameras.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.