Sounds to me like your knock issues are mechanical rather than in the tune. L05's are infamous for false knock. You should be easily be able to run at least 25 deg. total advance at WOT with 92 octane and real knock counts diminish with the benefits of gearing, i.e they will increase as you go from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd as the load on the engine increases.

Several things can cause false knock. Valve train noise, especially from flat tappet cams can do it. Timing chain slap is a big cause. Lastly but least likely in your case is in my view bad valve stem seals. Oil entering the combustion process can cause knock.

Try running some straight 30W oil on your next change and test the chain by loosening all the rocker arms relieving spring tension. Remove the cap and try to move the distributor shaft. If it moves back and forth excessively, the chain is loose. There are ways to de-sensitize the knock sensor but I would only recommend that if you had a lot of tuning experience and eliminated all the mechanical issues. Hope this helps.

climbing BLM's on decell is normal and actually desirable for fuel economy.