I am tempted to add the oem auxiliary on the driverside to keep the 4.3 stalled 80e cool.
The OEM cooler is spendy and only connects to those "almost" fuel line quick connects that GM likes for transmissions. Around here the trans lines rust away and the cooler ends up as junk anyway. So we grab one from Advance and rivet it to the OEM brackets and run corrosion-proof rubber hose under the radiator to the aux cooler. Part no 243012.

Dorman sells replacement cooler lines that fit a vehicle with 80E and aux cooler for less than GM. I can get part nos if interested. We've switched many of our vehicles to inverted flare fittings and of course, the hose out in front. We make the lines from scratch. This is because the supply of lines from OE and aftermarket has been inconsistent over the years. I can dig out part nos for the trans fittings we use if desired.

4L60E hate humor? I've been working on that trans since the first days when they'd puke front seals and burn up pumps as you tried to drive it out of the shop. No matter how good they get now, they're always going to be junk to me.

Some van shift cables are two parts, upper and lower. Upper may be same for both trannies. I believe that started in '03 for the one tons but maybe the smaller vans started earlier.

I have multiple 80E van cals including 2002 Cali and Federal versions. I'll try to upload the '02 versions today. I believe TC does segment swaps although I wouldn't guarantee it.