Thread: New cable , no workie ......

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The date code on the chips that have had the highest failure rate with the .24, .28 and .30 drivers is 1213-C. That is 2012 - 13th week.

I have the problem however on other date codes, but rarely.

The guy at FTDI seemed truly excited to get samples of chips from the same lot that both worked and failed. Up to that point I had assumed that FTDI knew about the problems but weren't super interested in fixing them.

.30 is the driver on FTDI's website now. I do have .14, .24 and .28 if you want to play with any of them.

On my install disk I only have .14 so I don'[t get many complaints. I figured it out finally when I put it together that all the failures were coming from people who had more, not less experience with ALDL cables. They were the people who had already had the other drivers on their machines. It then clicked that it wasn't just the cable's driver, but the Universal Serial Bus Controller driver that needed changing. Testing on my computer showed that the Universal Serial Bus Controller driver was the cause of this latest problem.

Weird that chips from the same date would work on the old drivers, but some would work and some would fail on the new ones. Multiple tests showed that certain chips would be the ones that always failed and others were perhaps resilient enough and just always worked with the new drivers.
    Last edited by phonedawgz; 08-12-2013 at 12:40 AM.